mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Used to do Bike week and Biketoberfest every year. Stayed with a large group in Port Ormand beach. It rained a lot one year and we did some cruising in the pick up truck as it was pouring. Had to park it across the street from the hotel as the lot was full. I left the lights on for maybe 4 days.....:dunno:
    When it came time to roll out most of our traveling circus left around 4:00 AM and were going to push straight through. We decided to make it a casual trip home so I went across the street at 6:00 AM to get the truck and it was dead......I mean dead. Would not even jump. Battery was toast. Nothing even moving at that time of the morning. Had to wait for the gas station to open on the corner. 8:00 I was paying way the hell to much for a battery and carrying it 4 blocks to the truck. Fired right up and away we went.

I got spoiled with the Jimmy having automatic lights. Never had to turn them on or off so no worries about draining the battery. I was very excited when I drove the suburban the first time and had the lights on. Turned it off before turning the lights off and there is an alarm that sounds to let you know they are on!

Well, I am off to take the neighbor to her hair appointment and then need to work in the flowers and garden some. I got a couple more things to plant yesterday so will get those in when I get home.

Have a great day!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got spoiled with the Jimmy having automatic lights. Never had to turn them on or off so no worries about draining the battery. I was very excited when I drove the suburban the first time and had the lights on. Turned it off before turning the lights off and there is an alarm that sounds to let you know they are on!

Well, I am off to take the neighbor to her hair appointment and then need to work in the flowers and garden some. I got a couple more things to plant yesterday so will get those in when I get home.

Have a great day!

My truck at the time was an 88 GMC we bought as a total and it was hurt. I had to put a new cab on it. The dash was gone from the new cab and the original was hurt so swap in a dash and wiring. I never got the warning buzzer to work for the lights.

Have a great day MOm

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was just reading the news. What in the hell is happening to Indy?

Thugs my friend. They are everywhere in near every community or close. Section 8 and Hud has put them among us. Apts. are flooded with those who suck the life from society. The ride the mail box and supplement their life style selling drugs/stealing drugs/stealing anything that is not bolted down. There is a lack of moral fiber and honor. No respect for life. They have little if anything to loose so just do as they will. The Zombies are allowed to walk among us freely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom