Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We live on a main road here in town, too much traffic for our two house cats.

But, we do have a half dozen outdoor cats the wife feed. They are the strays. Most of them will let us pet them when we are out on the porch, but I am not taking anymore in.

Cats will set their own pecking order. We had an in and out cat. Then we inherited 2 kittens from my daughter. The older cat treated them badly. When we found the G-daughter to be allergic (terribly) to pet dander they all became outdoor cats. I built a nice secure shelter and the 2 kittens (older then) were not allowed inside by the older cat. The younger 2 finally had enough and whipped up on the older cat running her off. I watched all this take place like it was a documentary. The wife said I should do something after the 3rd or 4th whipping but I told her it was up to them. What could I do silly woman....you stop a cat fight, not me.
    The neighbor behind us took in the exiled feline and she lived out her days over there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    OK....I give....what is FASFA????

Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Parents are required to complete this stupid application and submit it on behalf of their kids who are college students until they are 25 or 26 even if they are married, on their own, etc. If it is not submitted on time, the kids are not eligible for any student loans or financial aid of any kind.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    9 more days doing the school thing with the G-daughter. Now tht the school has set up a policy and directs traffic it is a pleasure to take her. She is the Navigator and we take a new route every day. School is only a few blocks away but it is fun.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    9 more days doing the school thing with the G-daughter. Now tht the school has set up a policy and directs traffic it is a pleasure to take her. She is the Navigator and we take a new route every day. School is only a few blocks away but it is fun.

I let my kids navigate our way to Florida one year for vacation...just the two of them and me in a big old van. It took us a week to get there but we all remember that trip well!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I let my kids navigate our way to Florida one year for vacation...just the two of them and me in a big old van. It took us a week to get there but we all remember that trip well!

Our last trip to Florida was done Via Google Maps and a phone GPS ap. We still managed to get lost at least once......Darn phones.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good morning Greg.

Our last trip to Florida was done Via Google Maps and a phone GPS ap. We still managed to get lost at least once......Darn phones.

Ours was our Millenium trip in 2000. We met most of my siblings at Disney. I gave the kids the road map (oldest was 10 at the time) and told them to direct me. I told them to let me know if they saw signs for things they wanted to visit along the way. Of note, I recall seeing Ruby Falls and the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. It was drizzling when we got to the space and rocket center and I forgot to turn off my headlights...dead battery when we came out. Luckily, I had jumper cables and we found a nice man who was able to get us going again. We also spent a very scary night in a motel in the panhandle where most of the cars in the parking lot were up on blocks. I was too tired to keep driving so we made an adventure of it...might have been safer to sleep in the van that night! LOL

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good morning Greg.

Ours was our Millenium trip in 2000. We met most of my siblings at Disney. I gave the kids the road map (oldest was 10 at the time) and told them to direct me. I told them to let me know if they saw signs for things they wanted to visit along the way. Of note, I recall seeing Ruby Falls and the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. It was drizzling when we got to the space and rocket center and I forgot to turn off my headlights...dead battery when we came out. Luckily, I had jumper cables and we found a nice man who was able to get us going again. We also spent a very scary night in a motel in the panhandle where most of the cars in the parking lot were up on blocks. I was too tired to keep driving so we made an adventure of it...might have been safer to sleep in the van that night! LOL

Adventures are what makes traveling memorable. You put yourself out there and face the world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Used to do Bike week and Biketoberfest every year. Stayed with a large group in Port Ormand beach. It rained a lot one year and we did some cruising in the pick up truck as it was pouring. Had to park it across the street from the hotel as the lot was full. I left the lights on for maybe 4 days.....:dunno:
    When it came time to roll out most of our traveling circus left around 4:00 AM and were going to push straight through. We decided to make it a casual trip home so I went across the street at 6:00 AM to get the truck and it was dead......I mean dead. Would not even jump. Battery was toast. Nothing even moving at that time of the morning. Had to wait for the gas station to open on the corner. 8:00 I was paying way the hell to much for a battery and carrying it 4 blocks to the truck. Fired right up and away we went.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom