• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That's kinda scary in case it's something else still in your kitchen.
    Did you call an electritian to check the wires, circuit breakers and such?
    Whatever caused it would be burnt and not re-usable so it wouldn't still be in the kitchen. Think about it - let's say a match started it spontaneously - the match would be destroyed in the process. Same as any appliance that started it - would be burnt and, as such, no longer in the kitchen.

We are all too complacent with electricity and fire. Everything we own that is electronic or puts out heat is a fire hazard.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Whatever caused it would be burnt and not re-usable so it wouldn't still be in the kitchen. Think about it - let's say a match started it spontaneously - the match would be destroyed in the process. Same as any appliance that started it - would be burnt and, as such, no longer in the kitchen.

We are all too complacent with electricity and fire. Everything we own that is electronic or puts out heat is a fire hazard.

It could be that the fire started because a circuit breaker didn't work properly even though by itself it didn't start the fire, no? :dunno:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

Exactly. All of the wiring and such is good. The outlet that the mixer was plugged into is gone of course but it looked (to me....and I'm not expert) like there wasn't significant damage. The wiring going to the outlet is flawless. Looks perfect.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    While I am happy it's warm out (finally) I am not happy that spiders and slugs are back.

Yes, spiders and slugs.

Actually I think I hate slugs more than spiders. Nasty, slimy little #*(%$

I won't kill spiders in my house. I figure they're there for a reason... but I don't like being surprised by one!

Oh yeah, good morning. I just saw a spider in my bathroom.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Spiders don't bother me. If they are too big and icky to comfortably leave in the house, I use a paper cup to relocate them. I've tried this with crickets too, but those little SOB's are hard to catch.

Edited to add: Yellow jackets and wasps WILL DIE.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    all creepy things in my house are dealt with on a case by case basis. Since I have let the hubby live so long, not many other things have anything to worry about

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom