Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    There is something to be said for old trucks. Our newest truck is the 89 suburban we bought a couple months ago. I usually drive the 88 and my hubby drives the 83. Rusty is a 78 that has earned her name. She doesn't get to go on the road anymore. The cab mounts are gone and we keep thinking if we take a corner too fast, the cab may just roll right off the frame. :rockwoot: She has good air conditioning though and if you spill your coffee, no worries about a wet floor or a stain on the carpet...no worries about scratching the paint either! :lmfao:
    I loved my 89 suburban. Until the cargo doors about rusted off of it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've always had big trucks, aka 1tons, I bought my first 1/2 ton last year. The new ones have way more towing capacity than they used to, so I got a little one this time. I'm old, so I went for comfort this time. I cringe now when I drive the old ones.:laugh:

Our two oldest are 3/4 ton camper specials. They ride like trucks! The other two are half tons and are much more comfy. The 88 tends to like to cruise at 70 or 75 though so I have to keep my foot out of it. I keep telling my husband it is just the truck and after he drove it some, he finally realized that is just where it runs best and agreed with me.

He finally got my suburban undercoated last week so I can drive it now! I can see some road trips coming up soon!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I loved my 89 suburban. Until the cargo doors about rusted off of it.

Ours has the drop down tailgate. I wish it had the cargo doors but this thing has NO rust on it at all. It is in amazing shape with 73,000 miles on it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Ours has the drop down tailgate. I wish it had the cargo doors but this thing has NO rust on it at all. It is in amazing shape with 73,000 miles on it.

That one sounds like a keeper. I loved the headlights on the '89-91's they were bright, and looked good.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The blood hound bus

I'll take the boat. Looks roomier than ours. I just saw where the winds were 48 mph today. It's no wonder we were blowing around and having trouble casting. Still had enough bluegill and crappie for dinner.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thats sweet! We have a pulling truck that is a 68 through 71. The wife would trade me in for that sweet ride.

Hubby restored this one. He always wanted a 67 shortbed fleetside...finally found one but had to do a ton of work to it. Kept him busy every day for about 6 months.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom