mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yeah - I didn't know you could make ravioli too... I **love** ravioli... It will be cool to be able to make my own fillings.

I'm excited... Feels a bit weird being a man and being excited about kitchen appliances/utensils but it is what it is.

What kind of pasta roller do you have?

I believe it is an Atlas. I bought it as a set on Ebay. The roller plus four or five heads. One of them does the ravioli but you have to be careful not to put in too much filling or it really makes a mess. I flash freeze them and then put them into ziplocks in the freezer. When we need a quick meal, you can drop them into boiling water straight from the freezer and put sauce over them. I make a spinach/cheese filling for them and add meat to my sauce.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    All I can say is "good luck."

I did the test since it was still open for whatever reason. We shall see what happens. May not be an issue since it was still able to be taken. It would take a lot to top some of the dumbassery I've encountered at ivy tech. Thank God Ill be out of there soon.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I did the test since it was still open for whatever reason. We shall see what happens. May not be an issue since it was still able to be taken. It would take a lot to top some of the dumbassery I've encountered at ivy tech. Thank God Ill be out of there soon.
    I dread going back for grad school. College is miserable.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I believe it is an Atlas. I bought it as a set on Ebay. The roller plus four or five heads. One of them does the ravioli but you have to be careful not to put in too much filling or it really makes a mess. I flash freeze them and then put them into ziplocks in the freezer. When we need a quick meal, you can drop them into boiling water straight from the freezer and put sauce over them. I make a spinach/cheese filling for them and add meat to my sauce.
    I got the atlas 150 ;-). Will be here tomorrow. Have a good spaghetti noodle recipe?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I got the atlas 150 ;-). Will be here tomorrow. Have a good spaghetti noodle recipe?

I use the same recipe for all of my pasta. I can dig it out tomorrow (Remind me if I forget!) and send it to you. Flour, semolina, eggs, salt. It gets really stiff to mix since I do it by hand, but it seems to moisten up as it sits on the counter prior to rolling it out. Mine has the head for lasagna noodles too. I use the spaghetti head for the little egg noodles like are in the Mrs. Grass soup mixes too. Those were the kind of noodles that my grandma always had in her chicken soup so they make me think of her. I have dried the noodles and stored in the cabinet and/or frozen them. Either way, they are good.

I bought a drying rack like this for my spaghetti noodles and love it. It folds flat for storage.

Amazon.com: Eppicotispai Natural Beechwood Collapsable Pasta Drying Rack: Kitchen & Dining

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ordered that drying rack as I want to make spaghetti. I want the lasagna attachment because I love making home made lasagna and home made noodles will be awesome.

Excited!

Pm me the recipe as well as any tips/ advice and I'll let you know how it turns out!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    img78c.jpg

142190.jpg

51YQs2Jl6EL.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom