• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I know we probably do more than most folks do for them since they are "just cats", but I can't not help them if there is something that can be done for them. Neither of us feels it is his time to go so we will do what we can for Lucky. Grayson is still pretty healthy and robust...about 11 pounds and just has these silly ulcers on his lip. The assistant asked me if I knew about when he was born and looked shocked when I rattled of May 28, 1998. I then said...yes, he's getting old. :laugh:

Yeah......I've hear the same from people......"well they jus' dogs"......:rolleyes:.......I tend ta...tend ta ...git real red 'bout it.....:xmad:
    I mean....I could say same thing 'bout they kids, ya know?......but I don't....:noway:

An' most mine, 'cept the 2 young'st 1's......they're sisters.......is git'n up'ere in age , too.......:(

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yeah......I've hear the same from people......"well they jus' dogs"......:rolleyes:.......I tend ta...tend ta ...git real red 'bout it.....:xmad:
    I mean....I could say same thing 'bout they kids, ya know?......but I don't....:noway:

An' most mine, 'cept the 2 young'st 1's......they're sisters.......is git'n up'ere in age , too.......:(

We seem to have a lot of folks on this forum that like animals, which makes them good people in my book! We keep saying when these older ones are gone, we are going to cut back. Doesn't seem to be working out that way though as more wander in.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well, it is pretty quiet in here and even bacon didn't bring all the lurkers out so I guess I will call it a night.

Time for the night crew to start shuffling in.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Had a friend (we all had one of these) that did the "I shot and arrow...into the air" thing and it came down into the neighbors roof. It was stuck there. We split. Neighbor/Dad were not pleased.

I was quite the archer in my Cub/Boy Scout days. I always used to shoot in my suburban back yard at a target on a couple of straw bails. Behind the target was the broad side of a mini barn. (See where I'm going here?) One day when we were about 11 and 12, my neighbor and I decided to see "how far back" we could shoot and still hit the target. We gradually moved further from the target and even from my far property line I was grouping pretty well. It was time to go big or go home, so I grabbed 1 arrow and tripled the distance to the far property line of the house 2 houses down from mine.

From this distance, I quite literally couldn't hit the "broad side of a barn". The arrow skipped off the edge of the mini-barn and went through the window of my neighbors detached garage and was stopped by the curtain literally less than an inch from a freshly gel coated antique speedboat my neighbors dad was restoring. :faint:

My mom made me go tell the neighbors dad what I'd done and then sit there while she called State Farm and asked if "Dumbass Insurance" was part of out homeowners policy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom