• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I would image he was shooting an arrow that wasn't sized for his bow, perhaps by mistake just grabbing and arrow and mindlessly shooting it as his own. Bet he won't do that again!!
    :):.......He'a prolly think 'bout it more......:):

Was at'a 3-D shoot......?......prolly back 'round...'93.....'94.....Brownstown......I was out on'a range when it happen'd, but the news spread quik.....
    small'r kid(8-9 yrs old) stood up in front his older brother,on'a practice range.... just about the time he released......went right thru side the head, an'point was stick'n out the other side....target point.....:(.......man......it was bad news...:(...BUT......after ask'n about the kid @ the next shoot......kid came out with NO ill effects, whut so ever...an' was consious/talk'n the whole time...no vision, no brain pro'lems......NUTH'n.......miss'd anything vital or nervewise.....:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep....Was there today with Grayson. He likely needs at least one tooth pulled. We are going to see if the antibiotics help first. Lucky has another appointment tomorrow. I asked about his mouth issues and the vet wants to see him. She's pretty sure we can get him eating again and has some thoughts on nonsurgical options. I suggested to hubby it might be time to put him down, but he is not ready to do that so we will see if this helps. I saw the vet we have dealt with for years today and she doesn't charge nearly as much as the new ones do. She also understands these are basically old barn cats that we are just trying to keep comfortable and that $$$ are not unlimited.

Maybe the $$$$ are not un-limited but it seems the love is.....:yesway:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :):.......He'a prolly think 'bout it more......:):

Was at'a 3-D shoot......?......prolly back 'round...'93.....'94.....Brownstown......I was out on'a range when it happen'd, but the news spread quik.....
    small'r kid(8-9 yrs old) stood up in front his older brother,on'a practice range.... just about the time he released......went right thru side the head, an'point was stick'n out the other side....target point.....:(.......man......it was bad news...:(...BUT......after ask'n about the kid @ the next shoot......kid came out with NO ill effects, whut so ever...an' was consious/talk'n the whole time...no vision, no brain pro'lems......NUTH'n.......miss'd anything vital or nervewise.....:rockwoot:

My father (when young and very stupid) shot an arrow straight up in the air. When it came down, it stuck in his skull about 1/2" above his temple. He still has a little X shaped scar. I came that close to never being born!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mom, glad to hear she has an idea for Lucky!

She wants to give him a B12 injection to stimulate his appetite and depending on what she sees, might have other things to suggest. I don't think he has a problem with his appetite though because he always seems hungry and interested in food, but if solid food hits his gums he drops it and backs away from the dish like it bit him. We've tried painkiller that you squirt into his mouth before feeding, steroids to reduce inflammation, antibiotics, etc. All of that was AFTER paying about $250 to pull most of his teeth when they were abscessed and infected. He's been through so much and still bounces around like a happy guy. He just keeps losing weight and getting skinnier. The weirdest part was when I got home today, he had a vole and was trying to eat it and it didn't seem to be bothering his mouth to do that!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was working away in the shop today and was suddenly over ran by a couple of terrorists. It was a struggle but I won the moment. I soon lost it again.

Those babies are just so adorable. They look tiny in the picture. I'd never get any work done if they were here...we'd be playing all day. :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My father (when young and very stupid) shot an arrow straight up in the air. When it came down, it stuck in his skull about 1/2" above his temple. He still has a little X shaped scar. I came that close to never being born!

Had a friend (we all had one of these) that did the "I shot and arrow...into the air" thing and it came down into the neighbors roof. It was stuck there. We split. Neighbor/Dad were not pleased.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Those babies are just so adorable. They look tiny in the picture. I'd never get any work done if they were here...we'd be playing all day. :rockwoot:

They are very tiny but they get around and love to dance. That is way they kept coming in (well, to see me of course) but the music I had jamming on the box got them to dancing. It is hilarious when they get going and no, I get nothing done when they are around.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Maybe the $$$$ are not un-limited but it seems the love is.....:yesway:

I know we probably do more than most folks do for them since they are "just cats", but I can't not help them if there is something that can be done for them. Neither of us feels it is his time to go so we will do what we can for Lucky. Grayson is still pretty healthy and robust...about 11 pounds and just has these silly ulcers on his lip. The assistant asked me if I knew about when he was born and looked shocked when I rattled of May 28, 1998. I then said...yes, he's getting old. :laugh:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

Whut I unnerstand from the next shoot.......went rite thru temple area o' this kid.....miss'd everthing occular-wise, etc......VERY lucky kid....:rockwoot:

If would'a been a broadhead shoot .....:rolleyes:.....whooaaa, man.........it'a been bad......bad 'nuff anyways.....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They are very tiny but they get around and love to dance. That is way they kept coming in (well, to see me of course) but the music I had jamming on the box got them to dancing. It is hilarious when they get going and no, I get nothing done when they are around.

I was thinking you are either a very tall man or they are just super small. Make sure SD45 doesn't try to recruit them to work with his midgets!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom