mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I want to die like my grandpa, in his sleep… not screaming like the passengers in his car.

sBo_jump.gif

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's my mom, put her behind the wheel and she is about to pass out after 5 miles. It never bothers me unless it's cloudy and rainy, those days SUCK!

I actually can't sleep in a moving vehicle - never sleep in cars, trains, planes, etc. I used to tease the kids though and they'd freak out and start yelling at me that I was driving and couldn't go to sleep. They were much younger and more gullible then.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If you rent a tow dolly from U-Haul, they have to verify that the truck you are using to pull it is rated to pull the dolly plus the vehicle you are towing. It is about $45 to rent it if you return it to the same place you got it. If you do a one-way rental, you are looking at about $110. I know this because I spent most of Saturday trying to find a tow dolly before we found out a friend of ours had a trailer we could borrow.
    True ... I actually managed to talk them into letting me rent the dolly for my 1989 Doge Spirit ES Turbo 5-speed... I was going up to the west side of Chicago to pick up a car that weighed about the same as the car I was towing with.

I made it up there and back safely... Was it smart/wise? No. Would I do it again? No.

Let's just say I did a lot of engine braking, didn't ride anybody's rear, and gave myself pleeeeeenty of time to get going and to come to a stop - especially the stopping part.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm still on the darn fence about which wheels I want on this new truck. Did find out it has the normal flat/black running boards instead of the tube steps. So long as they're decent to get into the truck I'll still be happy.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Good evening INGOers. How have your evenings been?

I got a surprise in the mail today! Lawrence PD sent a $25 ticket for not having a permit for our home alarm system! I didn't realize we needed one :dunno: Totally my fault for not looking into it befote having it actuvated. I'm also surprised that Comcast didn't notify us of this when we signed up for it.
    Well ain't that a **** sandwich! Lawrence needs all the money they can get I guess. Takes money to run corruption and stupidity.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Probably covers the gas for the police runs when the cat sets the alarm off!
    Property taxes more than covers police services. And I it doesn't they need to cut things in their budget.

its just as stupid and a rip off as me having to pay to renew my handicap parking space every year. Once I paid for the sign and the line to be painted that should be it. But I have to be extorted for being disabled.
    almost as bad as having to pay to exercise my natural rights to carry a pistol.

sorry just in a bad mood today and this crap adds to it

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm still on the darn fence about which wheels I want on this new truck. Did find out it has the normal flat/black running boards instead of the tube steps. So long as they're decent to get into the truck I'll still be happy.

How soon will you have the new truck?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom