• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    We still have snow almost everywhere in our yard. The driveway is finally down to gravel and mud. We have too many trees that are shading it and it is not melting!

Ours isn't since we got asphalt millings dumped it the drive. That stuff is great. You should look into it.

The drive at work is a mud bog now

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    We had limestone but it got plowed up every year and was dusty. Asphalt millings aren't that dusty and stay put. We didn't compact them, just drove over it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Ours isn't since we got asphalt millings dumped it the drive. That stuff is great. You should look into it.

The drive at work is a mud bog now

Ours is only muddy cause there is a foot or more of snow on either side so it is making the driveway kind of like a moat. Frozen ground underneath so what has melted is just sitting on top. It is about 6 inches of limestone so in the summer it is like driving on concrete almost. I want to go from snow to green, green grass and flowers!!! Is that too much to wish for?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Ours is only muddy cause there is a foot or more of snow on either side so it is making the driveway kind of like a moat. Frozen ground underneath so what has melted is just sitting on top. It is about 6 inches of limestone so in the summer it is like driving on concrete almost. I want to go from snow to green, green grass and flowers!!! Is that too much to wish for?

yes. but keep wishing!!!!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My sympathies to your family, SD1. I know the feeling. My mom was the youngest of 8 kids, and she's the only one left now. Three years ago, she lost her only sister and her last living brother within a couple of months of each other. Even though they've always been hundreds of miles away, it really hit her hard knowing they were all gone but her.

sorry to hear that SD

a death is never easy
    Thanks SD2 and Mrs. G! My phone has been ringing off the hook the last 2 hours! I've been talking to cousins I haven't talked to in over 40 years! I hate death, death sucks!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Plant flowers and make sure she is watching. When its dark out put in plastic flowers. :D

Oh no, she wants to plant them herself!! She loves her flower gardens and that has been a goal for her to get back to working in them. Last year, we bought her this neat little cart that she can sit on and roll around and lean over to weed and plant and stuff. It has a storage area under the seat that she can reach into while seated. It has been the BEST thing ever for her! We were both so excited that she was finally able to do something besides sit in the swing and nap or visit with me while I weeded her flowers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom