• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    It missed all that and didn't deploy the air bags, but it may have tweaked the frame.

Another thing to consider is whether or not the insurance company "totals" the car. Even if the money is right to fix it, having a salvage title kills the value of the car... assuming that is a concern.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Another thing to consider is whether or not the insurance company "totals" the car. Even if the money is right to fix it, having a salvage title kills the value of the car... assuming that is a concern.

That really isn't a concern, but with the age mileage and other problems with it, I'm really hoping they just total it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It can take some folks a little while to get back up to speed. In their own time.. I know about this.

Yep...we were encouraged that they actually agreed to get out and do stuff this past year. They also talk about her a lot more than they used to. I'm sorry for all of you on here who have lost s child. I think I would literally lose my mind if something happened to one of my kids.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It missed all that and didn't deploy the air bags, but it may have tweaked the frame.

Depending on the year and model, it might be worth taking to someone with the frame machine. My BIL fixed my Jimmy like new after we were broadsided in it last year. Insurance would have totaled it but it drives like it was never hit...no pulling or anything. He gave me a heck of a deal on the repairs though cause we've helped them out at times. It just depends on the value of the car.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

If they total it and you can sell it to someone who buys them and fixes them up, you might do okay too.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I did that in front of the business MrsG's cousin owned. He was calling the police before I even hit the guy....he said he saw what was going to happen. I was checking out a girl walking into another business.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I did that in front of the business MrsG's cousin owned. He was calling the police before I even hit the guy....he said he saw what was going to happen. I was checking out a girl walking into another business.

When I ran a crew in a previous job, I never did that, but I did curb check the back wheels on the dually more than once. I usually got the reaction of you f'n drive, we'll look for you. :laugh:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    The guy I hit was the regional manager for State farm. He was pretty cool about. Brand new Olds, less than a 100 miles. I had a 72 Nova. I swerved but not in time and caught the right side of his rear bumper. New bumper, trunk lid, fender and bumper cover. They were turning into a pizza place and I tried to buy the dinner but they wouldn't let me.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My dads sister died this morning. So I'm taking him to the mall tomorrow to buy him a nice suit, shoes. I gotta drive him to Gurnee IL. For the funeral. Not sure if us Hoosiers can legally carry there yet. But he's having a rough time. He's the only one left now. He's out lived two wifes , two children , parents , now his only sister.
    My sympathies to your family, SD1. I know the feeling. My mom was the youngest of 8 kids, and she's the only one left now. Three years ago, she lost her only sister and her last living brother within a couple of months of each other. Even though they've always been hundreds of miles away, it really hit her hard knowing they were all gone but her.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom