mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My dads sister died this morning. So I'm taking him to the mall tomorrow to buy him a nice suit, shoes. I gotta drive him to Gurnee IL. For the funeral. Not sure if us Hoosiers can legally carry there yet. But he's having a rough time. He's the only one left now. He's out lived two wifes , two children , parents , now his only sister.

That's a tough one. I'm sure it is not an easy thing to outlive so many of your family members. I don't think we can legally carry in Illinois yet. It would sure be nice if we could. I'll keep him and the family in my prayers as you deal with the loss.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My dads sister died this morning. So I'm taking him to the mall tomorrow to buy him a nice suit, shoes. I gotta drive him to Gurnee IL. For the funeral. Not sure if us Hoosiers can legally carry there yet. But he's having a rough time. He's the only one left now. He's out lived two wifes , two children , parents , now his only sister.

I understand how he feels. I truly do.
    Sorry for the loss.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I have the older full size Xd .45 also. It is a wonderful gun, I've lost count on how mant rounds I out thru her, but I would say over 3,000 easy. Never a hiccup! The XDM I'm looking at us used, but very clean. I know they go around $700 new. It has a match grade barrel. Other then that a think the grips are a little different.

I kept searching until I found the one I wanted. A 5 inch barrel with the stainless slide. I ended up getting lucky at a 1500 a long time ago. It was the only one in the building and I found it within 10 minutes of getting there. I didn't want to commit without looking around. I went back 3 hours later and it was still there!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Chicken in the oven...new recipe. Butternut squash and mashed potatoes to go with it along with the bread I made yesterday. That should do it.

The suburban is now getting mud flaps. I don't know what he will do when that's done...he's running out of things! He might have to look at the truck that was dropped off last week...he's pretty sure the motor is locked up but really needs to decide if it is or isn't so we can get that thing out of here. I can't have a Ford sitting in my yard!!:laugh:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Goooood evening again INGO!!!

Daughter has play practice tonight, so we had to do an early Birthday dinner for her.

Happy B-day to your daughter! I've reached a point where I don't like talking about how old my kids are. It makes me feel too old. Let's just say that the next kid birthday in my house means no more teenagers...forever. :faint:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Thanks mom And CM! Growing old isn't for wimps! My grandmother lived to be 108, she had 18 siblings, out lived them all, had 11 children, out lived 8 of them. Gotta be tough to bury your babies! I watched mom and dad do it twice, couldn't imagine doing it 8 times!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks mom And CM! Growing old isn't for wimps! My grandmother lived to be 108, she had 18 siblings, out lived them all, had 11 children, out lived 8 of them. Gotta be tough to bury your babies! I watched mom and dad do it twice, couldn't imagine doing it 8 times!

I can't imagine doing it once!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have heard story's. Grief can come in many ways. Death is final. One can move on.

Very true. I know some friends who have had a very difficult time moving on though. They lost their daughter on her 16th birthday in a single vehicle accident. They hibernate the week of the anniversary of her death. This past summer was the first time we have been able to get them out of their house to do anything that week. She has been gone for many years now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom