• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    False. The LTCH gives you permission to carry, how you do it is your business.

THAT's what I said!! He had something to say about Castle Doctrine was extended to your vehicle and then this gem. I said nope...ya gotta have a license to carry either way and the state said nothing about how you carried. He apparently used to be a LEO and someone else (who is higher up the food chain then I am) like defended this guy saying that wrong information by saying that he (the wrong one) had to remember the law was interpreted by LEO and if that LEO interpreted it differently then another LEO and the customer got a ticket, bam! Lawsuit so he would have to be careful to not tell customers that that was ok. I almost pulled my hair out. Between that and someone else joking about keying my new truck I was done lol. It got better though

Someone who is misinformed apparently. :ar15:

scary huh?

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    THAT's what I said!! He had something to say about Castle Doctrine was extended to your vehicle and then this gem. I said nope...ya gotta have a license to carry either way and the state said nothing about how you carried. He apparently used to be a LEO and someone else (who is higher up the food chain then I am) like defended this guy saying that wrong information by saying that he (the wrong one) had to remember the law was interpreted by LEO and if that LEO interpreted it differently then another LEO and the customer got a ticket, bam! Lawsuit so he would have to be careful to not tell customers that that was ok. I almost pulled my hair out. Between that and someone else joking about keying my new truck I was done lol. It got better though

scary huh?
    Sounds like a couple of idiots!

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Sounds like a couple of idiots!

Which is unfortunate seeing as the higher up is VERY knowledgeable about firearms and archery...and maybe he was just trying to diffuse what he saw as a potential argument. IDK. I wasn't going to argue about it but I pride myself on being able to tell my customers the right info....so I was going to stand my ground on this one

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Which is unfortunate seeing as the higher up is VERY knowledgeable about firearms and archery...and maybe he was just trying to diffuse what he saw as a potential argument. IDK. I wasn't going to argue about it but I pride myself on being able to tell my customers the right info....so I was going to stand my ground on this one
    You did good! Up here in Adams CO., leo pretty much do as they please.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I tell people not to trust the "word on the street", even from me.
    That they need verifiable proof. Cause the court won't take "but I heard it on the internet."

Thanks to INGO, I have a bit of knowledge on that proof.

The problem with OC/CC, is that it's not in the code. So it's hard to point it out to them.
    So I show them the Indianapolis State Police home page FAQ,
    I tell them it's not "legal" advice, its just on the internet.

Dang it. They updated the site, making it harder to find. You'll have to go a few pages and then you find.
    http://iot.custhelp.com/
    [h=1]Does Indiana law require me to carry my handgun on my person in a concealed or exposed manner?[/h]Published 04/17/2013 11:46 AM | Updated 11/25/2013 08:57 AM
    Does Indiana law require me to carry my handgun on my person in a concealed or exposed manner?Indiana law is silent on this issue; however, carrying an exposed firearm in public may be alarming to some people and create unnecessary and unwanted attention to yourself. Your right to carry a firearm may also be restricted on private property, various sporting venues, and some businesses by the owners. Be attentive for posted signs warning of restricted areas when carrying a firearm into public places. If approached by a law enforcement officer for official business purposes, it is recommended that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are in possession of a firearm and that you have a permit.
    For more information on this topic visit ISP Firearms Licensing or contact us at isp@isp.in.gov

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Uh-O. Well. as they leave the counter, kindly tell them to read IN gun laws.

Luckily? Unluckily? he'll be at a different store then me lol...I print out the IN page on handgunlaw.us often but I think I might switch it to the NRA-ILA page..IDK. And whenever I actually have my own business cards I'm gonna write ingunowners.com on the back

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I tell people not to trust the "word on the street", even from me.
    That they need verifiable proof. Cause the court won't take "but I heard it on the internet."

Thanks to INGO, I have a bit of knowledge on that proof.

The problem with OC/CC, is that it's not in the code. So it's hard to point it out to them.
    So I show them the Indianapolis State Police home page FAQ,
    I tell them it's not "legal" advice, its just on the internet.

Dang it. They updated the site, making it harder to find. You'll have to go a few pages and then you find.
    http://iot.custhelp.com/
    Does Indiana law require me to carry my handgun on my person in a concealed or exposed manner?

Published 04/17/2013 11:46 AM | Updated 11/25/2013 08:57 AM
    Does Indiana law require me to carry my handgun on my person in a concealed or exposed manner?Indiana law is silent on this issue; however, carrying an exposed firearm in public may be alarming to some people and create unnecessary and unwanted attention to yourself. Your right to carry a firearm may also be restricted on private property, various sporting venues, and some businesses by the owners. Be attentive for posted signs warning of restricted areas when carrying a firearm into public places. If approached by a law enforcement officer for official business purposes, it is recommended that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are in possession of a firearm and that you have a permit.
    For more information on this topic visit ISP Firearms Licensing or contact us at isp@isp.in.gov

I often tell customers that opinions are like butts..we all have them and they're all different and to make their own decisions. This usually applies to picking out a gun but I think it fits here too. And that's why it's important to not tell someone something that could be questionable but present it as fact

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom