...that's stuck!

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    and you didn't fix it?

The only thing holding the frame together was the leaf springs. The rest of the frame wasn't very good. I put it up on the lift to see where the gas tank was leaking and it buckle a little when I was under it. I had the headlights wired to the ignition switch. That's the only way they would work. Had the wipers on a toggle switch, ran the brake lights directly to the brake light switch and the list goes on. :) It was time to retire it.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

:ingo:

I know a lot of people love Jeeps, I just can't do it....maybe it's because I had the wrong one...

Next time, buy a REAL jeep...

The only thing holding the frame together was the leaf springs. The rest of the frame wasn't very good. I put it up on the lift to see where the gas tank was leaking and it buckle a little when I was under it. I had the headlights wired to the ignition switch. That's the only way they would work. Had the wipers on a toggle switch, ran the brake lights directly to the brake light switch and the list goes on. :) It was time to retire it.

Nothing a little steel and some welding couldn't fix...

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    4.0L Straight 6

I can tell you that you can run those with the radiator so full of sludge and not hurt it. I ran mine like that for most the summer. When I put a new rad in it and drained the old one I got about a pint of antifreeze. I tore the old one apart and it was packed with rusty sludge. It never ran hot, just a little above normal

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I can tell you that you can run those with the radiator so full of sludge and not hurt it. I ran mine like that for most the summer. When I put a new rad in it and drained the old one I got about a pint of antifreeze. I tore the old one apart and it was packed with rusty sludge. It never ran hot, just a little above normal

that's disgusting!!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

Yep...210 degrees is normal

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom