mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had to switch to a different van at work today. I've been driving the same van for over 14 years. There was a lot accumulated stuff in that van to clean out. I had someone helping me and it still took half the day.

I emptied out my Jimmy today so it is ready for my son when he comes to get it tomorrow. Wow...I've had it for 9 years and it sure had accumulated some interesting treasures. Anything I missed is his!! Then I switched purses cause my new one arrived today...that took longer than cleaning out the car.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    This van I'm driving at work now has power windows, power locks, AC and heat that actually works, and even a remote. I just don't know what to do with myself. Not used to such luxuries.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We went out for lunch again today and I am still stuffed...this is getting to be a regular thing this week. We had to go to NAPA and get some stuff for the new ride. Hubby is servicing the transmission, changing the thermostat and a few other things. Took out the radiator as we figured it had a leak...has a few so we just ordered a new one that will be here Saturday. My mid-week I should have it ready to go and the plates transferred. Need to go and get the police check done before I can do the title and plates since it has a Michigan title.

Hubby was whining about being hungry so I may need to figure out what to fix for him.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I emptied out my Jimmy today so it is ready for my son when he comes to get it tomorrow. Wow...I've had it for 9 years and it sure had accumulated some interesting treasures. Anything I missed is his!! Then I switched purses cause my new one arrived today...that took longer than cleaning out the car.

My wife usually has at least 3 purses lying around that still have stuff in them. That would drive me crazy. I would be lost without pockets. I just have my regular pile of stuff on the dresser to pick up every morning.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    This van I'm driving at work now has power windows, power locks, AC and heat that actually works, and even a remote. I just don't know what to do with myself. Not used to such luxuries.

Don't jinx yourself talking nice about it. Somebody will realize they made a mistake and that you were supposed to get the 84 Yugo!!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My wife usually has at least 3 purses lying around that still have stuff in them. That would drive me crazy. I would be lost without pockets. I just have my regular pile of stuff on the dresser to pick up every morning.

I had a bigger purse with my 45 in it and a smaller purse with my 22 in it...depending on where I am going. Today, I got my new conceal carry purse so I had to combine all three and transfer my 45 to the new one. I really like it! Very roomy, nice quality leather and any gun I own will fit in it just fine. No more need for multiple purses as the 22 fits great on my hip, in my pocket (in a pocket holster) or on my ankle...depending on where I'm going.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a bigger purse with my 45 in it and a smaller purse with my 22 in it...depending on where I am going. Today, I got my new conceal carry purse so I had to combine all three and transfer my 45 to the new one. I really like it! Very roomy, nice quality leather and any gun I own will fit in it just fine. No more need for multiple purses as the 22 fits great on my hip, in my pocket (in a pocket holster) or on my ankle...depending on where I'm going.

So, you are now Mom .22
    Not near as .....well....manly for lack of a better word.....:)

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Do you have 15 pounds of change in there??? That's one of the things my wife does that drives me nuts.

The last time we went through security at a courthouse, the guard looked at me and said "make her buy lunch today, she must have $30 worth of change"!!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So, you are now Mom .22
    Not near as .....well....manly for lack of a better word.....:)

45 is still my main carry gun. 22 is nice for when I am out in the yard, picking up trash on the road or just running local errands. I gotta have it on me for the coons and opossums and stuff. I remain mom 45!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Do you have 15 pounds of change in there??? That's one of the things my wife does that drives me nuts.

The last time we went through security at a courthouse, the guard looked at me and said "make her buy lunch today, she must have $30 worth of change"!!!

Nope...that goes in my poker money!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    45 is still my main carry gun. 22 is nice for when I am out in the yard, picking up trash on the road or just running local errands. I gotta have it on me for the coons and opossums and stuff. I remain mom 45!

Feel lucky the entire second shift was not clocked in.................:)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Don't jinx yourself talking nice about it. Somebody will realize they made a mistake and that you were supposed to get the 84 Yugo!!!

This one is not brand new but it is only a few years old. I kinda wish I could keep the old one because it was a GMC Safari and much easier to drive and park. This one is an E-350. Its a beast to drive and park but its the only one in our department with a trailer hitch and we really need it. We recently lost a position in my department and that guy drove this van. Mine was the oldest so we are letting it go so we can keep the better one.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Feel lucky the entire second shift was not clocked in.................:)

Maybe we can run it up to 13K before they show up! I really need to figure out what to feed this man for dinner....not many choices in the fridge.

I guess I can go fold laundry while I think about it....BBS

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    This one is not brand new but it is only a few years old. I kinda wish I could keep the old one because it was a GMC Safari and much easier to drive and park. This one is an E-350. Its a beast to drive and park but its the only one in our department with a trailer hitch and we really need it. We recently lost a position in my department and that guy drove this van. Mine was the oldest so we are letting it go so we can keep the better one.

I know those Vans, those are big!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I used to drive a 3/4 ton GMC conversion van. Loved that thing!! The kids and I had the best vacation ever when we piled in that thing and took off for Florida. It took us a week to get there. I just let them tell me where they wanted to stop along the way and gave them the map. They were 8 and 10 at the time...interesting trip that all three of us will always remember. What do they remember most...not the week at Disney, but the tree frog that got in the van and rode through several states with us, the scary motel that we stayed at the night I was too tired to keep driving until we found safer lodging and the huge snail that was alive when my daughter thought it was an empty shell.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The guy I got this van from is still working for us but in a different department. I plan on giving him a hard time when I see him. He claimed to have stopped smoking a long time ago and always denied that he was still smoking even though it was obvious. I found 3 hidden stashes of cigarettes in that van while I was cleaning it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom