• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Have you ever heard the term "Scorched Earth"? I don't need to change my name...wait, actually I do need to change my name db1959 doesn't sound all that menacing. :)
    I have heard the term, I think we lived it a couple summers ago! You should make that your new name, we could be frenemies:lmfao:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I have heard the term, I think we lived it a couple summers ago! You should make that your new name, we could be frenemies:lmfao:

LOL, I already petitioned to have my name changed once. My first user name was close to another members and I kept getting his PM's

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I think he is a French Spy too. Probably from Versailles!!!!

UGH!!
    spit-2110.gif
    spit-2110.gif
    thats SOUTH RIPLEY!!! How dare you compare me to them...

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I used to ignore them and give some of them a hard time but soon realized they probably don't like asking. I felt like an ass so I listen and politely say no.
    I'm not an ass about it, at least I don't think I am, I know they are doing their job, I just normally don't have time to sit and be about it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    You know what Frosty? We should work together. We'd be unstoppable!

no offense, but right now I would be firing Frosty.. you sunshine barely saved your job by appearing the last few days. Although I hate that you are right at my line of sight as I drive the boy to school in the morning

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Who do you drive for? I'm in there, but it's really random, maybe 1 day a week to 5, anytime of the day, it just depends on when I'm by there.

A major home improvement store, just a block or so away. Dont wanna name names, I badmouth them sometimes. Its a job, I do it well, and it pays decent, but that doesn't mean the company is worth a crap.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I don't push our rewards card hard enough. I knew that though.
    No - I don't want to be tracked, but thanks :).

Just like how some companies [cough, cough, Penn Station] drill into their employees on the up-sell. Always trying to get me to buy a cookie.

If I say no - then leave it be. I had one guy keep pushing the issue. They were fairly busy but he pushed my buttons and I raised my voice [didn't yell] and said, "If you do not stop trying to sell me a damn cookie that I never asked for and do not want you can give me back my money and I will go somewhere else. I understand you're supposed to try to up-sell the customer to buy a cookie but when a customer says no - leave it be."

Or something along those lines...

Let's just say the restaurant got quiet after that for a little bit. I was seriously peeved.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm not an ass about it, at least I don't think I am, I know they are doing their job, I just normally don't have time to sit and be about it.
    do you have a club 10 card? Did you know that if you buy 10 of X, you get the 11th free, I can get one started for you by scanning it right now if you like?!

that quick. I got it down good when I say it. :lmfao:

or if paying by debit card
    How would you like it if I could save you up to 10 cents a gallon on gas?
    This is a bit longer explanation, but they know pretty quick into it if they want it or not.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    no offense, but right now I would be firing Frosty.. you sunshine barely saved your job by appearing the last few days. Although I hate that you are right at my line of sight as I drive the boy to school in the morning

Damn it, sorry Frosty you have to go. I'll do better about the "shining in your eyes" thing MrsG. It'll take time though 'cause I'm old.

:laugh:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    A major home improvement store, just a block or so away. Dont wanna name names, I badmouth them sometimes. Its a job, I do it well, and it pays decent, but that doesn't mean the company is worth a crap.
    Yeah, I don't like shopping at that major retailer... Here's of a pic of the frosty mobile, you'll know it when you see it:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      674.4 KB · Views: 4

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    no registration on free stuff in the store so all the company knows is customer xxx-xxx-xxx has a free coffee coming on his next purchase :dunno:
    If it's just a little punch card that you can put a hole in to track how many purchases - sure. If it's an electronic card that has to be scanned/swiped into the register - no thanks.

The real reason businesses uses these 'rewards' cards is to track their consumers. I'm not talking in the specific sense of knowing that "Michael Denney bought a Latté" but more generally the purchasing habits of a particular customer over a course of time. While the customer may be anonymous from the sense that, perhaps, a name isn't tied to it - does that really matter?

I don't want to be tracked whether I'm tracked as, "Michael Denney" or "Customer #323412523" :).

I've seen the analytical side of it personally.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom