• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    let's see, Baily is around 14, Psycho 7 or 8ish and BrownCat, not really sure, maybe 5 or 6. She was a runaway that showed up at my mom and dads. I somehow ended up with her.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am so sorry to hear this but glad you can make the decision to ease his pains. It isn't easy, I know.

Hubby just came in from checking on him. He isn't sure he is going to make it through the night, but if he does, I think I will try to get him in tomorrow. I don't want him to suffer. He's just very lethargic so I don't know that he is really suffering but there is no point in prolonging it either. Poor old Bear. Woodstove is refilled to keep him warm tonight.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    just read up on it. My dear that sounds horrible. I'll pray for her

Thanks MrsG. We would appreciate it.

Wife & I are going to the April one in Richmond.
    got to stay close to home because of Easter weekend.
    :flasher: :flasher:

That is scary stuff! Will add her to my prayer list as well.

Thank you also

Read back...I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers, Rayne. Hope for the best.

Thanks DB

haha

yeah I am sure you will :lmfao:

Night Mrs G and DK......I know, I know, pdub fail right there ^^^^^^^^^

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Hubby just came in from checking on him. He isn't sure he is going to make it through the night, but if he does, I think I will try to get him in tomorrow. I don't want him to suffer. He's just very lethargic so I don't know that he is really suffering but there is no point in prolonging it either. Poor old Bear. Woodstove is refilled to keep him warm tonight.

God speed Bear.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    let's see, Baily is around 14, Psycho 7 or 8ish and BrownCat, not really sure, maybe 5 or 6. She was a runaway that showed up at my mom and dads. I somehow ended up with her.

We have Smoky - 17, Bear, Lucky, Grayson and Skeaky all 16, Bashful and Freckles both 15, Kitty Lou 13 or 14, Mattie Lou and Elvis (he's a loud singer) 9 or 10, Lady 7, Lilly 4 and sometimes Barney (he is feral and shows up periodically) who has been here off and on for at least 6 years. And now we have Leroy (who let me pet him this morning while he ate his canned food) and Ninja who is WILD!!!

Skeaky, Kitty Lou and Lady are in the house all the time and Lilly has pretty much joined them. Kitty Lou likes to walk on a leash and helps me work in my flowers in the summer. Mattie Lou has been in for the past month or so with the cold nights cause the other cats won't let her in by the woodstove and chase her out of the heated boxes.

Ours are all rescues/strays and have all been spayed and/or neutered after Smoky had her two litters...she was a hussy!

There are several others who have lived here...some disappeared and some passed on.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Your grandpa was a smart man. :+1:

That he was. He was old, old school too. Born in 1898 (not a typo) :). He raised coon dogs in his younger years. The ones that weren't so good ended up in the house. :D That man was and still is my hero. My proudest day was when my mom said " My God, you are just like your grandfather" :laugh:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    We have Smoky - 17, Bear, Lucky, Grayson and Skeaky all 16, Bashful and Freckles both 15, Kitty Lou 13 or 14, Mattie Lou and Elvis (he's a loud singer) 9 or 10, Lady 7, Lilly 4 and sometimes Barney (he is feral and shows up periodically) who has been here off and on for at least 6 years. And now we have Leroy (who let me pet him this morning while he ate his canned food) and Ninja who is WILD!!!

Skeaky, Kitty Lou and Lady are in the house all the time and Lilly has pretty much joined them. Kitty Lou likes to walk on a leash and helps me work in my flowers in the summer. Mattie Lou has been in for the past month or so with the cold nights cause the other cats won't let her in by the woodstove and chase her out of the heated boxes.

Ours are all rescues/strays and have all been spayed and/or neutered after Smoky had her two litters...she was a hussy!

There are several others who have lived here...some disappeared and some passed on.

That's a lot of cats and a lot of age!! And it sounds like they have it made.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom