• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I still don't get the status update=(Reads like a hodgepodge of cattywampus), am working all seven days this week, have cabin fever, am snow blind and I just found out I am numerically dyslexic.

Reading it linearly as a whole wouldn't make much sense. Think of it more as a kind of a chat room where smaller conversations happen (like this one) between 2 or more people during different parts of the day.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    what im wondering is if they really make 2 different hoppers... Seems wierd to me that I cant just swap this into the hopper that comes with it..

"Note: The new Rifle Bullet Feeder System must be purchased separately from the Hornady® Pistol Bullet Feeder because the hopper systems and die bodies are not compatible. Cast lead bullets cannot be used in either Hornady® Bullet Feeder."

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The bullet feeder takes a different plate for each caliber. I'm not sure if it comes with one or not.

Nevermind, Looks like there are 2 feeders, rifle and pistol. The link you provided converts the pistol one to rifle. you still need a different feed die for each caliber.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    what im wondering is if they really make 2 different hoppers... Seems wierd to me that I cant just swap this into the hopper that comes with it..

"Note: The new Rifle Bullet Feeder System must be purchased separately from the Hornady® Pistol Bullet Feeder because the hopper systems and die bodies are not compatible. Cast lead bullets cannot be used in either Hornady® Bullet Feeder."

Yep. Looks like for the calibers you listed, you'll need the entire pistol feeder system, the entire rifle feeder system, and the 300 conversion for the rifle system.

Remember, the case feeder is not essential. MANY people use LNL presses without them. I'd pick the one you're going to load the in the highest quantity.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Don't let the blue snobs get to you, you bought a great setup. I wish I could afford one. I'm still loading (and have successfully loaded 10,000+) on a Lee Pro 1000. My brother-in-law has the ammo-plant setup and it's bad ass!

Im no blue snob. Just wish I was. I run a lee 4 hole. Only 4 or 5 k. Loaded in 9mm. It paid for itself on the rifle ammo tho.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom