Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    speaking of bisquick

hubby always has to tell me how bad my biscuits are, "they aren't like my grandma used to make"

So I refuse to make him scratch biscuits anymore, never bisquick anyway.

so he made some from bisquick the other night, thinking they would be great. They were like hockey pucks!! the boy said "They taste like pancakes Dad" he then proceeded to the kitchen, got the syrup out and ate them like pancakes. :lmfao:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    speaking of bisquick

hubby always has to tell me how bad my biscuits are, "they aren't like my grandma used to make"

so he made some from bisquick the other night, thinking they would be great. They were like hockey pucks!! the boy said "They taste like pancakes Dad" he then proceeded to the kitchen, got the syrup out and ate them like pancakes. :lmfao:

I learned to love the wifes cooking....regardless.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    speaking of bisquick

My mom made the best biscuits and gravy!! My wife tries. But nothing like moms! I miss her! Worlds best biscuits and gravy, and worlds best Hugs! Moms are AWSOME!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    last time he said that was the last time I made them for him. it was also the time he told me I was insensitive because I told him to go have his grandma make them, she's been dead 15 years

My Gramma (rest her soul) cooked farm style. Lard/sugar/real ingredients and always from scratch. To make any comparison with today's kitchen techniques is ludicrous.
    I grew up eating farm style. I miss it but I am good with the wifes cooking.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My mom made the best biscuits and gravy!! My wife tries. But nothing like moms! I miss her! Worlds best biscuits and gravy, and worlds best Hugs! Moms are AWSOME!!

My mom could cook but hugging was not in her nature. Cold hearted person. I have never shed a tear for her.

Now, B&G......My wife & her mom (still with us) are the best I have ever tasted and I love B&G.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

My Gramma (rest her soul) cooked farm style. Lard/sugar/real ingredients and always from scratch. To make any comparison with today's kitchen techniques is ludicrous.
    I grew up eating farm style. I miss it but I am good with the wifes cooking.

I make from scratch. Got the recipe from Hotpocket, so we all know how good they are. his complaint is they are made in a cupcake pan and he wants them plopped on the pan to form their own shape. I can't win :lmfao:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My mom could cook but hugging was not in her nature. Cold hearted person. I have never shed a tear for her.

Now, B&G......My wife & her mom (still with us) are the best I have ever tasted and I love B&G.
    My mom was a hugger! Dad was a ***hole . But he's lots better now. Age does the men in our family good. We all start out as ***holes. But we mellow with age!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I make from scratch. Got the recipe from Hotpocket, so we all know how good they are. his complaint is they are made in a cupcake pan and he wants them plopped on the pan to form their own shape. I can't win :lmfao:
    That's how mom made em! Just flop em on a baking pan and let em go!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If I nit-picked like that there would be no biscuits....ever.

We get some rolls that are frozen. Pop them in the oven with whatever you are cooking or by them selves. They are great. Best we have found from a bag.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom