• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    If I tried to ride a hard tail now my spine would disintegrate.
    In the shop pic I posted there is a hard tail in progress against the bench behind the Dyna Glide. I built up a 107 with Branch heads, big compression, nitrous and related parts. It was a missile.
    It hurt me to ride it so I sold it. Kid still has it.
    I drove the '48 to bike week. I couldn't drive it back. I was p***ing blood when I got there. It beat me up!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I drove the '48 to bike week. I couldn't drive it back. I was p***ing blood when I got there. It beat me up!!!

When I saw easy rider in 1969 or so I built my 1st hard tail. I rode it to Key West Florida. It took 5 days to get there. I stayed with family for a week to recover. Then I let some air out of the itr and packed my gear so I could lean back on it and I rode to Yuma Arizona. Buddy lived there. Stayed a month. Lots of fun south of the river...:naughty:
    Rode over to San Diego and up the coast to LA. Got in some trouble (:dunno:) and had to come home. Rode over the Rocky's just as it started to snow. Longest trip of my entire life.
    Bike never let me down as long as I kept everything tight.
    Glory day's

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I didn't weigh enough!! If you didn't catch it just right it would fling my 175lb ass over the handlebars! Today I would have no problem!!

My 1st one threw me a few times. My uncle showed me the trick to starting it.
    Cold...choke on, key off....2 times threw full kick to prime the motor. Half choke, push the kicker up to a compression stroke, stop, key on, lay through it. Bike nearly always caught and ran. I also retained my timing control on the left grip. Retard it.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    When I saw easy rider in 1969 or so I built my 1st hard tail. I rode it to Key West Florida. It took 5 days to get there. I stayed with family for a week to recover. Then I let some air out of the itr and packed my gear so I could lean back on it and I rode to Yuma Arizona. Buddy lived there. Stayed a month. Lots of fun south of the river...:naughty:
    Rode over to San Diego and up the coast to LA. Got in some trouble (:dunno:) and had to come home. Rode over the Rocky's just as it started to snow. Longest trip of my entire life.
    Glory day's
    Oh yeah!!! The Dresser in the pic. I took her from indiana to the state of Washington, down the length of California , thru Texas, to Florida, and back to indiana! Took me 8 months! No cell phones, no debit cards! I slept under overpasses and parks. I still have all my maps. Best trip ever.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Glory day's

Oh yeah!!! The Dresser in the pic. I took her from indiana to the state of Washington, down the length of California , thru Texas, to Florida, and back to indiana! Took me 8 months! No cell phones, no debit cards! I slept under overpasses and parks. I still have all my maps. Best trip ever.

I rode a 96 sportster from Indy to Kansas City, KS with my aunt and uncle to go visit my dad. That's the best I got :dunno:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I rode a 96 sportster from Indy to Kansas City, KS with my aunt and uncle to go visit my dad. That's the best I got :dunno:
    This summer I'm coming back for a trip around Lake Michigan. We're riding with Ron Finch, and a few other bike builders. Your free to come along jag!! Pretty sure the guy who runs the Horse backstreet chopper magazine is going also!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    This summer I'm coming back for a trip around Lake Michigan. We're riding with Ron Finch, and a few other bike builders. Your free to come along jag!! Pretty sure the guy who runs the Horse backstreet chopper magazine is going also!

That would be fun! Not sure the wife would go for it though...we'll have to see.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I much prefer the Ducati m900...

122_9603_07z%2B1995_ducati_m900_limited%2Bside_view.jpg

...Ducati s2r....

13663d1200086870-fs-ducati-monster-s2r-1000-monsterpic002.jpg

...Ducati s4r...

5013lmb_20.jpeg