Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not bad. Just a bruise where the 60 bit me. Doesn't hurt though.

I intend on getting new grips, more like what you had.

That was the kicker. If you are trying to be compassionate do not say you "Hate" that which you are offering compassion about. Just seemed cold and rude.
    I have known more than a few like that and have let them know they sucked a few times.
    My oldest son passed on my birthday in 02 while I was holding his hand. I would trade anything I own/have owned/will own for just 1 more day with him.

I honestly believe he was trying to help. Just not succeeding. Notice he backed out of the conversation.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That was the kicker. If you are trying to be compassionate do not say you "Hate" that which you are offering compassion about. Just seemed cold and rude.
    I have known more than a few like that and have let them know they sucked a few times.
    My oldest son passed on my birthday in 02 while I was holding his hand. I would trade anything I own/have owned/will own for just 1 more day with him.
    That's double tough! I've watched my parents bury two of their babies! Maybe that's why we're a little rough on certain things!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's double tough! I've watched my parents bury two of their babies! Maybe that's why we're a little rough on certain things!

I have pretty thick skin for a lot of things......except family.
    I too now believe he was trying to offer up an alternative as there are positives in every negative. We just have to look for and accept them.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I barely got to work today. The city plowed my whole neighborhood but somehow managed to miss my street. My van still couldn't make it to the end of the street so my wife and I had to carpool in the car.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I barely got to work today. The city plowed my whole neighborhood but somehow managed to miss my street. My van still couldn't make it to the end of the street so my wife and I had to carpool in the car.

What kind of van do you have. Mine rolls pretty well considering. Well, I have to pick and choose my path but I got around pretty well yesterday. Daughter had my Navigator and my son took the GMC 4WD so ole-dad rolled in the van........:)

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    What kind of van do you have. Mine rolls pretty well considering. Well, I have to pick and choose my path but I got around pretty well yesterday. Daughter had my Navigator and my son took the GMC 4WD so ole-dad rolled in the van........:)
    It's an '09 Kia Sedona. It's overdue to have the tires rotated, so I think that's part of the issue. The things has never been good in the snow though. My neighbor has an early 2000's Dodge Caravan and got through without issue. I left a message with the street department. Hopefully they get out there today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah those do not fare well in the deep snow.
    I have a full size Ford with custom interior. I think the extra weight helps a lot.
    I will be putting it to the test shortly when I take the G-daughter to school. You would think the city would pay attention to the streets around a grade school.....not so much....:dunno:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Yeah, I would understand if my entire neighborhood wasn't plowed, but they have every street perfectly cleared except for mine. That ticks me off a bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom