Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Getting compression on all cylinders?

I haven't had the chance to check and see. I'm going to limp it to the shop on Thursday. That's the soonest they can get me in. Fortunately it's right around the corner from me. Half of a mile tops. I don't even have to go out on the main road. I'll just drop it off and walk home and then pray

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Nope. I got gas Sunday night. It started Wednesday after work.
    Oh ok. This happen to a car a had years ago. I got gas at a Clark station( don't do this!) found out since it rained so much that water leaked into their underground tanks. Messed up alot of cars. We drained the gas tank, put some high octane gas it, was fine!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Nope. I got gas Sunday night. It started Wednesday after work.

Is the sound a detonation type sound or like the sound of physical debris being knocked around inside the motor? (think bolts in a blender). I'm betting the latter based on your description. Likely zero compression on one or more cylinders... Probably top end damage.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Oh ok. This happen to a car a had years ago. I got gas at a Clark station( don't do this!) found out since it rained so much that water leaked into their underground tanks. Messed up alot of cars. We drained the gas tank, put some high octane gas it, was fine!

Nope. I don't drive very far to work and back but I would think I would know before 3 days of driving. In any case I will hopefully know Thursday afternoon. The good thing is that the shop I go to is very familiar with us and multiple vehicles that we've had. They won't try to screw me over. It's a great place and I know that I can trust whatever they tell me

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Is the sound a detonation type sound or like the sound of physical debris being knocked around inside the motor? (think bolts in a blender). I'm betting the latter based on your description. Likely zero compression on one or more cylinders... Probably top end damage.

It doesn't sound like detonation at all. And I know enough about engines to know that it's a very bad sound. Very bad indeed

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Usually. If not then mid grade.

Sucks I know. My Civic requires premium. It has a knock sensor and will auto-retard the timing to prevent damage if I screw up and put in regular, but it will feel very under powered and get horrible mileage. Wouldn't cause the rocks in the engine sound though... No good can come from that.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Sucks I know. My Civic requires premium. It has a knock sensor and will auto-retard the timing to prevent damage if I screw up and put in regular, but it will feel very under powered and get horrible mileage. Wouldn't cause the rocks in the engine sound though... No good can come from that.

Nope. None at all. So now I wait. I've been hitching rides home from from drivers after work. Fortunately they are all happy to do it. No clue how I'm going to get TO work the rest of the week but I'll figure it out. I always do. And on that note I'm going to bed. Between the new developments at work and this car, the stress is just exhausting me.

Good night all :wavey:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom