mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good night to both of you. All that hype for a game and it is over already? I didn't even watch any of it, bu the comments on here and on Facebook make me glad I wasn't really excited about watching it. Everyone seems pretty disappointed.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Hey Mike! I was wondering where you've been.
    Just busy :). Business crossed $1,000,000 gross revenue [took 6 years] yesterday.

Trying to decide how I want to re-paint this bracket so it doesn't rust. Leaning towards two-part epoxy primer and top-coat [which I know will be super strong] or maybe giving something more simple like Rustoleum Universal Black Satin a chance. The bracket is about 8" by 10" and appears to be held on with 4 bolts but where it's been scraped I can get to without removing it will just need some painter's tape and some plastic/paper.

Whatever I do - I want to sand, clean, prep, paint and not have to worry about it again - I'm sure the bumper will get wet quite a few times from loading/unloading boats at the boat dock over the next 10+ years.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Just busy :). Business crossed $1,000,000 gross revenue [took 6 years] yesterday.

Trying to decide how I want to re-paint this bracket so it doesn't rust. Leaning towards two-part epoxy primer and top-coat [which I know will be super strong] or maybe giving something more simple like Rustoleum Universal Black Satin a chance. The bracket is about 8" by 10" and appears to be held on with 4 bolts but where it's been scraped I can get to without removing it will just need some painter's tape and some plastic/paper.

Whatever I do - I want to sand, clean, prep, paint and not have to worry about it again - I'm sure the bumper will get wet quite a few times from loading/unloading boats at the boat dock over the next 10+ years.

You might look at a product called POR15, it is spendy but my understanding that it is the best. If you want some more info send me a PM.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Rustlok Steel Primer Damn good stuff that I use on all my steel that needs primer. It dries hard, can be topcoated but doesn't really need to. Very wear resistant also.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've heard nothing but good things in the past about POR15 so I'm going to get the Metal Ready and Black. Will sand it down to the metal, clean it with alcohol, apply the metal-ready, clean with alcohol again, apply the topcoat. I know it will be a little obvious it's been painted if you look at it but, that said, it's on the inside bottom of the truck and it's unlikely anybody will ever see it but me because I'll know it's there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom