mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Shoveling corn into the cribs was a back breaker, the old man paid me good, but his damn hogs would be out there rooting around and pushing me all over the place trying to get the corn as I shoveled it, those were some long days but I enjoyed it, nothing like being outside in the quiet in the fall, I loved that part of it! The old guy did things the old way to, he had a two row head attachment for his row tractor to cut the corn... Took forevvver!

My back hasn't bothered me hardly at all since I quit hauling and stacking hay. The guy I bought from packed those bales and I don't think I ever had one from him less than 80 pounds so piling them on the truck and then unloading and stacking in the barn was a good workout. My son's asthma didn't allow him to help much and hubby was usually at work when I was doing it so it was on me to get it done. Hubby always tells people that when he needs heavy stuff moved, he has me do it! LOL! Not really as he is in good shape and moves plenty of stuff without my help, but I do get called out to the shop when he is working on stuff to assist.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    My back hasn't bothered me hardly at all since I quit hauling and stacking hay. The guy I bought from packed those bales and I don't think I ever had one from him less than 80 pounds so piling them on the truck and then unloading and stacking in the barn was a good workout. My son's asthma didn't allow him to help much and hubby was usually at work when I was doing it so it was on me to get it done. Hubby always tells people that when he needs heavy stuff moved, he has me do it! LOL! Not really as he is in good shape and moves plenty of stuff without my help, but I do get called out to the shop when he is working on stuff to assist.
    Yeah that will make a man out of you, or a tough ass woman! I hate throwing hay, my uncle always needed help around the middle of August, when it was over 1000 degrees in the hayfield and about a billion in the loft, 1000 percent humidity on top of that and I looked like a abominmal hay monster!!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yeah that will make a man out of you, or a tough ass woman! I hate throwing hay, my uncle always needed help around the middle of August, when it was over 1000 degrees in the hayfield and about a billion in the loft, 1000 percent humidity on top of that and I looked like a abominmal hay monster!!!

Worst summer job EVER....even worst than detasseling corn!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom