mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That sounds like a hell of a good time mom, nothing like getting vaccinated for diseases you can't catch! I don't blame hubby for trying to hide, the first few times were a learning experience, after that it seemed I wasn't learning anymore and I really didn't enjoy my farm hand status...

Life on the farm is not for the faint of heart. The only thing we have left now that the kids are gone and such are the cats and a few of the my guineas. I don't miss cleaning barns, hauling feed, hay, straw, etc.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Life on the farm is not for the faint of heart. The only thing we have left now that the kids are gone and such are the cats and a few of the my guineas. I don't miss cleaning barns, hauling feed, hay, straw, etc.
    Shoveling corn into the cribs was a back breaker, the old man paid me good, but his damn hogs would be out there rooting around and pushing me all over the place trying to get the corn as I shoveled it, those were some long days but I enjoyed it, nothing like being outside in the quiet in the fall, I loved that part of it! The old guy did things the old way to, he had a two row head attachment for his row tractor to cut the corn... Took forevvver!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom