mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Howdy CM...cold day for doing outside stuff but gotta have wood for the stove! I sure understand that!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Howdy CM...cold day for doing outside stuff but gotta have wood for the stove! I sure understand that!

Yup. All the cold weather and snow days burned through my ready to use pile faster than I anticipated. Had to buy a load and we burned through most of it.
    My son usually goes with me and we can tear up some wood when we get rolling. He just took a job running a roll back tow truck and I went by myself today. Man that is some work doing it solo.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Watching tv show on Sturgis. Been years since I went to the actual rally. Makes me want to go this year! Who's going with me??:rockwoot:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am finding it hard to understand how I had time to work. There is always more to do than time allows.....:)

My husband says that all the time...we both worked full time and did so many other things like building our house, etc. We've gone through close to half of our wood pile already and are hoping the pile holds out. We might have to dig into the pile by the barbecue pit and then move on to a few trees that need to come down. There is a HUGE one that died this summer from the oak blight that needs to be taken down so that would be the most obvious one to start with.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My husband says that all the time...we both worked full time and did so many other things like building our house, etc. We've gone through close to half of our wood pile already and are hoping the pile holds out. We might have to dig into the pile by the barbecue pit and then move on to a few trees that need to come down. There is a HUGE one that died this summer from the oak blight that needs to be taken down so that would be the most obvious one to start with.

My sisters place has a lot of down trees. If we were to start after them with abandon there would be a wood pile from hell. We have cleared a lot of the "Easy" to get at stuff. Now I have to load up in the Kubota and get out into it. I left a lot on the ground for next trip. My new saw seriously kicks A$$

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Been there a few times but years for me as well. I loved the roads up there. The rally.....Meh, been there done that. Now the roads, did I mention I loved the roads.
    I went bout 7 times but never during the actual rally week. The big clubs always have their fun the week after. Might be the first time I actually get to check it out the week of the rally.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I went bout 7 times but never during the actual rally week. The big clubs always have their fun the week after. Might be the first time I actually get to check it out the week of the rally.

I would ask who you rolled with but another time.....:)

I went for the Rally. Group of us went out a few times. Met up with a few from local clubs and hung with them until things got to silly.
    Did I mention I love to ride out there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My sisters place has a lot of down trees. If we were to start after them with abandon there would be a wood pile from hell. We have cleared a lot of the "Easy" to get at stuff. Now I have to load up in the Kubota and get out into it. I left a lot on the ground for next trip. My new saw seriously kicks A$$

A good saw and log splitter combined with a tractor with a bucket makes it so much easier! Still work, but so much easier than the old splitting maul. We use a lot of wood since we are too cheap to turn on the gas furnace!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I would ask who you rolled with but another time.....:)

I went for the Rally. Group of us went out a few times. Met up with a few from local clubs and hung with them until things got to silly.
    Did I mention I love to ride out there.
    Things got silly?:): Imagine that!! My wife has never been there. So she even mentioned it a few times. And yes the ride is the best part! Might have to get me one of them there dressers! Don't think the wife could handle the springer!

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    LOL from Hoosier Topics

3ff4d80df0046093c12be7960f0cebe5.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A good saw and log splitter combined with a tractor with a bucket makes it so much easier! Still work, but so much easier than the old splitting maul. We use a lot of wood since we are too cheap to turn on the gas furnace!

We cut up to length for the stove, split down and take home. My son loves to leave a bunch uncut and we get out the axes and have at it. Great stress reliever. Neighbors think we are freaking crazy.....:)

They are partially correct.

I let ours burn down at night. Last log in about half hour ago. To lazy to get up and feed it through the night.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom