• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    You think they like it because it's cheap (kinda looks like a Glock but half price I guess)?

I think that they like Sigmas due to not only their price, but also the S&W name. A lot of these kind of guys are broke, but are still the kind of people with fancy clothes and shoes. In my opinion, they don't want to tell their buddies that they carry a Hi-Point, so they buy the cheapest name brand gun available. Sadly enough I sold the first gun for our store this year...and it was a Sigma. :facepalm:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I saw they have a new version of the Sigma that looks better (no silly rail on it) but maybe it's just a different model and not a "Sigma Gen2". :dunno:

L-Product-Smith-SDVE.jpg

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Yeah, they replaced the Sigma line with the SD series. They are allegedly better. Some come with night sights and they supposedly have a better trigger. The guy today has a SD40 VE. I still refuse to call the guns anything other that a Sigma.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The guy walked up to the counter, lifted his shirt a little, pulled out a sigma from the front of his pants with no holster, and pointed it at me. He asked me if we had any "clips" for "dis." I asked him not to point the gun at me and if it was unloaded. He said sorry, dropped the mag, and said it was unloaded now. I asked if there was one in the chamber, he racked slide, a round fell on my counter. I simply said, "we have no clips, goodbye."

I'm amazed by those people.
    Not only he puts your life in danger by having no idea how to handle a gun but he also puts his own life in danger as he could have got shot by you.
    Of course I bet he didn't think about any of that. :ugh:

I think that they like Sigmas due to not only their price, but also the S&W name. A lot of these kind of guys are broke, but are still the kind of people with fancy clothes and shoes. In my opinion, they don't want to tell their buddies that they carry a Hi-Point, so they buy the cheapest name brand gun available. Sadly enough I sold the first gun for our store this year...and it was a Sigma. :facepalm:

Are they really that bad? :dunno:
    I kinda like the way they look, sure look better than a Hi-Point :puke:.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

I believe inexpensive firearms have a purpose, but rarely does that purpose include EDC. I happen to own a couple HiPoints. I use them to have some fun and to have something extra that I don't have to worry about. The HiPoint 995 is actually not a bad weapon at all for the price if you have good magazines for it.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    JD the problem would be the front curve of the trigger guard.

I think that you are looking at too nice of leather holsters that are really well molded. :laugh:

The ones we sell are fairly low quality and loose. They work on about every small revolver. Similarly, most of our leather holsters for 1911's are so loose that they will work with railed 1911's.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah, they replaced the Sigma line with the SD series. They are allegedly better. Some come with night sights and they supposedly have a better trigger. The guy today has a SD40 VE. I still refuse to call the guns anything other that a Sigma.

From what I have read about them they just made the Sigma look more like the M&P but it's just a cosmetic change.
    M&P on the outside and Sigma in the inside.
    They did remove the silly Sigma rail though.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I'm amazed by those people.
    Not only he puts your life in danger by having no idea how to handle a gun but he also puts his own life in danger as he could have got shot by you.
    Of course I bet he didn't think about any of that. :ugh:

Before I started working here, I had no idea how poorly so many people handled guns. I'm sure he didn't even consider that I was armed since I wasn't open carrying. It is against the rules and a cause to be fired if we carry guns at work, so a vast majority of the gun salesmen don't. Some of the guys carry some ammo in their vest, but that's about it. Only 2 or 3 of us guys carry everyday, no matter what. I'd say that there is only an armed employee in the store 50% of the time we're open. I ALWAYS have two guns on me at work. My life is worth far more than my job. I figure that if I'm ever in a situation where a gun needs to be used at work that my job will be the least of my concerns.

Are they really that bad? :dunno:
    I kinda like the way they look, sure look better than a Hi-Point :puke:.

I'm not sure. I have shot the Sigma, but not the SD series. I have a feeling that they aren't much different from the Sigma. Simply from dry firing, I cannot tell much difference between the triggers. The grip angle is the same, the magazines can be made to interchange, and the same holsters fit. That tells me that they are VERY similar. To be honest, I'd rather have a Hi-Point carbine that a SD/Sigma. I can't even begin to count the number of Sigmas that we've sent back to Smith. I can count on one hand the number of Hi-Points we have sent back. :twocents:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Hater... I've got an sd40 that I've put about 400 rounds through and I've yet to have any malfunction, I won't sit here and say it's on par with the M&P series performance wise, but it is a quality firearm. I will say I am not crazy about the trigger travel, but that is my only complaint. I would trust it as my edc, that's what I plan to use mine for until I can afford a better pistol.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Hater... I've got an sd40 that I've put about 400 rounds through and I've yet to have any malfunction, I won't sit here and say it's on par with the M&P series performance wise, but it is a quality firearm. I will say I am not crazy about the trigger travel, but that is my only complaint. I would trust it asy edc, that's what I plan to use mine for until I can afford a better pistol.

LOL. You are a gangster with a Sigma. I bet you hold your gun sideways and carry it appendix without a holster in your SouthPole jeans at your knees. :p

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    LOL. You are a gangster with a Sigma. I bet you hold your gun sideways and carry it appendix without a holster in your SouthPole jeans at your knees. :p
    That might or might not have been me that wanted a holster... But I do hold my generic glock sideways, tucked into my carhartt jeans, Mexican carry, thank you :rofl:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom