• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I spent some time shooting my new crossbow in the backyard today. That thing is pretty impressive. I've never shot a crossbow before in my life and 3" groups shooting off hand at 20 yards seem to be no problem at all. I'd like to see what I could do at 50 yards from a rest.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I spent some time shooting my new crossbow in the backyard today. That thing is pretty impressive. I've never shot a crossbow before in my life and 3" groups shooting off hand at 20 yards seem to be no problem at all. I'd like to see what I could do at 50 yards from a rest.

Nice shooting! I don't have a crossbow, but my compound bow is a good fill in for shooting when I can't make it to the range.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yep sylvain

That's really annoying when you have the other part and you're only missing the proper tool to swap it.

Is it a castle nut like you find on the stock of an AR15 that would require a wrench like this but smaller?

carbine-stock-wrench.jpg

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Howdy Supr!!

Your one up on me, I have never shot a crossbow.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Nice shooting! I don't have a crossbow, but my compound bow is a good fill in for shooting when I can't make it to the range.

Thanks, but a quality weapon and basic shooting techniques deserve most of the credit. The thing that impressed me the most was the quality of the trigger. It was very smooth and much lighter than I expected. I figured the tension it was holding would make it fairly heavy but that wasn't the case at all. Also, being able to have some fun in the back yard without scaring the neighbors is pretty cool too.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    That's really annoying when you have the other part and you're only missing the proper tool to swap it.

Is it a castle nut like you find on the stock of an AR15 that would require a wrench like this but smaller?

carbine-stock-wrench.jpg

Yep sylvain...

Needs a set of these.... I have a pair but my small children did something with them and for the love of me I cant find them..

p_080000185_1.jpg

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    What ya using as a backstop??? Is bails of straw enough, or do you need more??

I'm using a box packed tightly with a stack of newspaper. I have to make sure I'm shooting through the stack and not at the side of the stack. If I shoot at the side it would just separate the paper and likely go right through. Shooting through the stack at about 20 yards it penetrates 6 to 8 inches. I don't think a bail of straw would stand much of a chance against this beast. It shoots at about 320 fps, which is pretty fast for a bow.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yep sylvain...

Needs a set of these.... I have a pair but my small children did something with them and for the love of me I cant find them..

p_080000185_1.jpg

A good vice and a pipe wrench with a piece of leather wrapped around the castle nut will solve your problem if you can't find your tool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom