• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Cant really wrap anything around it.....

I see what you mean. Put the castle nut in the vice with some leather to protect it. Then turn the weapon, using a pipe wrench with leather to protect the finish if necessary. You won't be able to turn it very far but you should be able to break it loose.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    What's the diameter of that thing?
    would something like modified snap ring pliers work in a pinch as 'poor mans castle nut wrench'?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You could try to make your own castle nut wrench by using pliers and two pieces of a large nail that you would cut and insert into the grooves of the nut on each side.
    If they are the right diameter you should be able to turn them using the pliers. :dunno:

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Do you have needle nose pliers that could fit the grooves of that castle nut? :dunno:

Needle nose slipped out.. thats the wee bit of marring on it now.... lol I can redneck engineer anything..... except this.... I made my own impact nail gun to fix a ladies bridge over a drainage ditch last week using a rock and a board....

But cant get a nut off....

Robby its about the size of a nickle... If I could get it off I could tell ya how big it is....

.223 ammo to who ever can get it off and back on

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    INGO working poor here... dont have a vice or leather.... I think the pipe wrench is currently holding some pipes together under the sink.

OK, not having the right tools makes a lot of things much more difficult. If one of the slots of the castle nut is in the right position and you trust the strength of the cage surrounding it, you might be able to use a large straight blade screwdriver as a lever to turn the castle nut.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    OK, not having the right tools makes a lot of things much more difficult. If one of the slots of the castle nut is in the right position and you trust the strength of the cage surrounding it, you might be able to use a large straight blade screwdriver as a lever to turn the castle nut.

Sad part is I had the correct pliers 4 days ago.... then small children got ahold of them and ate them or used some kind of antimatter on them.... They are gone from this house... I tore it apart.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Needle nose slipped out.. thats the wee bit of marring on it now.... lol I can redneck engineer anything..... except this.... I made my own impact nail gun to fix a ladies bridge over a drainage ditch last week using a rock and a board....

But cant get a nut off....

Robby its about the size of a nickle... If I could get it off I could tell ya how big it is....

.223 ammo to who ever can get it off and back on

You have to put it back on to attach the new thing you got?
    I guess you cant use your fremel to remove it then lol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Howdy all.
    So I put one of my AR's in the classifieds WTT/WTS and am offered a very nice S&W 1911PD caspian. I see some cell phone pics and it looks just like one I sold early in 13.
    I meet the guy today and when he pulls out the box I opened it and sure enough.....it was the same gun. The grips I put on it and a few other things. He said he bought it from a friend and it turned out the circle is now complete. I smiled and brought it back home.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    This is what I meant (kinda). not the best tool...
    taken with my uber awesome tracfone.
    0101141945-00_zps98a7e060.jpg

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Howdy all.
    So I put one of my AR's in the classifieds WTT/WTS and am offered a very nice S&W 1911PD caspian. I see some cell phone pics and it looks just like one I sold early in 13.
    I meet the guy today and when he pulls out the box I opened it and sure enough.....it was the same gun. The grips I put on it and a few other things. He said he bought it from a friend and it turned out the circle is now complete. I smiled and brought it back home.

Was it the AR you showed me? that was a nice rifle

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom