• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    :yesway:I'm not ready for that....for a few weeks.In mid-October I was diving in a quarry in Southern Illinois. I was with a group of students on a platform at ~20 ft depth. There were two students facing me while I demonstrated a few skills for them (mask clearing, regulator recovery, fin pivots) As I was on the platform, another student began descending from the surface without looking down. He descended on top of me and ended up kicking me in the face with a lot of force. After the incident my nose and lip were quite sore. A lump developed in my lip shortly afterwards and remains today.I ended up going to a couple doctors and they referred me to a plastic surgeon from Carmel. It turns out that I was kicked with so much force that a bunch of blood vessels and capillaries ruptured in my lip. During the healing process they apparently all merged together. I now have to have surgery to repair all of the damaged blood vessels and capillaries in my lip. In addition to the lip, I just found out that my nose was also broken. According to the doctor, a nose cannot be more broken in a way that blocks air flow any worse. So in February, I must have my lip fixed and my nose re-broken and reshaped in a "nose job." All of this is due to a accidental kick from a careless student. If I can be this screwed up by one kick, I'd hate to think of the damage a brutal fight would cause. :faint:
    Yikes. I hope you feel better after surgery. I've broken my nose twice and it's no fun. The last time it happened a piece of cartilage broke off, traveled up my face and lodged up above my eyebrow. It took about 6 years before the little bump disolved to where I couldn't feel it anymore.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had my nose re-arranged a few times. Not as unique as what happened to JD just some good old bar fights. The last required surgery to get it back in the middle of my face. It had been pushed under my right eye. Most painful experience. I am very protective of the snot box after that.

Howdy boys.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Took advantage of a nice day.....been cutting wood. Son is splitting and stacking right now. I am drinking beer and nursing a pain wracked body. Lumber jacks need to be tough.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Had a good day. Started out the day in Evansville and worked my way home. Picked up 1000 .223 55gr projectiles at a very good price and a box of SR primers, plus picked up an old lever action .22 from an INGO'er. Always nice meeting new INGO'ers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom