mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Looks to be good travel weather until Sunday. That is if the weather guesser know what they are talking about.

I'm not sure yet if he is coming tomorrow evening or Christmas morning...depends on his work schedule at both of his jobs. He was supposed to work Christmas too so I'm glad he managed to get that changed. My daughter works both days but is local and doesn't work until late afternoon on Christmas.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm going to be frying a turkey on Christmas day for the first time... Thankfully my father-in-law that fries several every year is going to be over to help me make sure I don't burn down the house or lose my eyebrows :).

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Thinking about letting the wife and son open one present each early on Christmas Eve... That's what my parents always let me do when I was growing up - never seemed to ruin my Christmas since my parents got to choose which one it was.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I was hoping to have all of my stuff ready for Christmas today, but my truck threw a wrench in my plans.
    You mean you had to throw some wrenches and other miscellaneous other parts at your truck? I hope your truck isn't throwing wrenches - that could be painful!

Mike, from what I have heard about frying a turkey those are possibities.
    Yep - I'm going to do it with the close guidance and supervision of somebody that's done it literally a hundred or more times. He told me a few stories about the first times he tried doing it and, as such, I've no interest in trying to figure it out on my own. :)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was hoping to have all of my stuff ready for Christmas today, but my truck threw a wrench in my plans.

I saw the post about the fuel pump. That sucks. We've changed several of those. The 88 has had it replaced once or twice and we sold the 98 that kept eating them. My Jimmy got a new one after the BP gas fiasco, but BP insisted on paying a dealer to do that one so that was a good thing! With the trucks, we just pulled the bed and did it but not possible on my Jimmy and I had just filled the tank so it was FULL!.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I saw the post about the fuel pump. That sucks. We've changed several of those. The 88 has had it replaced once or twice and we sold the 98 that kept eating them. My Jimmy got a new one after the BP gas fiasco, but BP insisted on paying a dealer to do that one so that was a good thing! With the trucks, we just pulled the bed and did it but not possible on my Jimmy and I had just filled the tank so it was FULL!.
    I would get a drum and siphon that fuel out myself. Dropping a tank that's empty is dangerous enough :).

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    You mean you had to throw some wrenches and other miscellaneous other parts at your truck? I hope your truck isn't throwing wrenches - that could be painful!

You are right, I had to throw a couple of ratchets and a fuel pump at it today. I feel like it threw something back at me though. My elbow has been hurting for a couple weeks, and now it hurts even more. At least my truck runs again. :)

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy

I guess I got lucky on the BP gas, I filled up at least once, probably twice, when that happened. I was expecting my truck to be one of the module type pumps, but it turned out that I was able to replace just the pump.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I guess I got lucky on the BP gas, I filled up at least once, probably twice, when that happened. I was expecting my truck to be one of the module type pumps, but it turned out that I was able to replace just the pump.
    Now I have to look up what this 'BP Gas' issue is that you're all referencing...

I don't get gas often [work from home] but my old house was almost next-door to a BP so it was convenient...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Found it -> Contaminated gasoline sold in Indianapolis area - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

The gas stations I regularly filled up at were not included/affected [or, at least, I had no issues and they aren't on the list].

So many that I could have easily gone to were on the list... Scary.

The station I went to was not a BP station and was not on the list. However, the BP refinery delivers to ALL of the gas stations in our area so the name on the sign is not an indicator of what you are really getting sometimes. I put $15 in my tank that was nearly empty and the very next time I went to start the car, ti would barely start and was running horrible. We tried injector cleaner, premium gas, etc. Nothing seemed to help. After about a week of messing with it, the recall was announced on the news and I called in to see if where I had gotten my gas was included in the recall. They said they couldn't tell me but would open a claim. I was contacted about a week later (had parked my car by that point and was just waiting...drove the truck instead) and was told to call the local dealer to take my car in for repairs. They reimbursed me for the gas I had bought, the things we had done to try to fix it...fuel injector cleaner, fuel filter, etc. and offered to have it towed if needed. I told them I thought I could drive it so they agreed that would be okay but to call for a tow if needed. They offered a rental car, which I turned down cause my old pickup needed some exercise anyway. They fed exed me a check for the dealer (about $1,100 for the repair) and later sent me $100 Visa gift card as an apology for my troubles. I was very impressed with how they handled the situation.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    The station I went to was not a BP station and was not on the list. However, the BP refinery delivers to ALL of the gas stations in our area so the name on the sign is not an indicator of what you are really getting sometimes. I put $15 in my tank that was nearly empty and the very next time I went to start the car, ti would barely start and was running horrible. We tried injector cleaner, premium gas, etc. Nothing seemed to help. After about a week of messing with it, the recall was announced on the news and I called in to see if where I had gotten my gas was included in the recall. They said they couldn't tell me but would open a claim. I was contacted about a week later (had parked my car by that point and was just waiting...drove the truck instead) and was told to call the local dealer to take my car in for repairs. They reimbursed me for the gas I had bought, the things we had done to try to fix it...fuel injector cleaner, fuel filter, etc. and offered to have it towed if needed. I told them I thought I could drive it so they agreed that would be okay but to call for a tow if needed. They offered a rental car, which I turned down cause my old pickup needed some exercise anyway. They fed exed me a check for the dealer (about $1,100 for the repair) and later sent me $100 Visa gift card as an apology for my troubles. I was very impressed with how they handled the situation.

Wow. It sounds like they did their best to make things right. That's kind of surprising, many big companies will do almost anything to deny involvement or distance themselves from situations like this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom