• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

It's a toy, but I think it will be a good tool to use for gun safety. At this point in her life she knows she can't touch guns and that's about it. I think this is a good way to help her learn safety (the 4 rules, etc). If she messes up on one of the safety points it's not like someone will get hurt and we can correct the issue.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    How old is she?

She just turned 4. We've decided it's time to start learning basic safety rules since we have multiple guns in the house. She still won't be allowed to touch "real guns" but she can play with hers so long as she obeys the rules. We're going to set up some "targets" for her and those are the only things she will be allowed to "shoot"...or even point her gun at. It may take her some time to really understand the rules but that's why we're starting with a toy.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I started taking my son out to the range when he was 5

Yeah she's a smart little thing. She'll pick up on it pretty quickly. We just think this is a good way to go. Plus it's pink camo...which means she'll love it and will WANT to obey the rules so she doesn't get it taken away from her

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Funny mike
    How old were your kids went you start teaching them about guns?
    My son is 16 months old and he already knows not to touch my firearm. He's obviously not old enough that if I left him alone in a room with one that he'd leave it alone but when it's on my hip [it always is] he does not touch it. Sometimes he points to it and tries to say a word - but doesn't touch it.

That said - I was just picking on you for the heck of it - don't take it personal I've overlooked more obvious things in the past :).

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My son is 16 months old and he already knows not to touch my firearm. He's obviously not old enough that if I left him alone in a room with one that he'd leave it alone but when it's on my hip [it always is] he does not touch it. Sometimes he points to it and tries to say a word - but doesn't touch it.

That said - I was just picking on you for the heck of it - don't take it personal I've overlooked more obvious things in the past :).

Mine are also very good about not touching any guns. We've always had them around guns so they don't care about them. It's like furniture or something....just something that's there but not in any way interesting

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom