Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sharing with you guys because I can't say anything to my hubby and I am PISSED

my ex has been busted twice for DUI, he once called our daughter to bail him out because he knew his Mom wouldn't do it, again.
    My youngest daughter is 23, she drink, but not heavy. Usually is the DD. She calls me yesterday and tells me that she was pulled over early Sunday morning. I asked her how much she had been drinking. I yell at her for drinking if she is going to drive, I HATE IT!!!
    So she had she said, maybe 2 or 3 drinks and was pulled over for crossing the center line at 3am. She failed the first test they gave her, something about vision, she has very poor eye sight and peripheral is bad for her. But anyway, she had to blow for them and blew a .073. I AM PISSED BEYOND BELIEF!!! I let her know it too.

now my dilemma. her daddy told her basically good job for beating it. WTF!? encourage her to be a drunk like you, encourage her to continue yo drink and drive?? how do I handle this

The best way you can.
    You are apparently alone in your opinion (I share it with you as you are aware) but stand your ground.
    If she wants to know how badly a DUI can wreck your life I will let her talk to my son.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    The best way you can.
    You are apparently alone in your opinion (I share it with you as you are aware) but stand your ground.
    If she wants to know how badly a DUI can wreck your life I will let her talk to my son.

she can look at her Dad to see how bad alcohol is, he lost me, his house, his car, his job and lives with his Mommy now. He has a job and is back on his feet, but still drinks like crazy

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    she can look at her Dad to see how bad alcohol is, he lost me, his house, his car, his job and lives with his Mommy now. He has a job and is back on his feet, but still drinks like crazy

I know far too many who have wasted their lives in the bottle.
    It is a choice.

Stand your ground.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What bothers me, she didn't act to concerned. She said she wasn't drunk, wasn't tipsy and was shocked when she blew that. her boyfriend in the car was ****ting a brick. trying to figure out in his completely drunken state how to bail her out, don't leave her purse in the car, who to call and come pick him up in the middle of no where. I think he'll help keep her from doing that again

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    talked to my granddaughter on the phone last night. Didn't understand much of what she said, but it was real nice to hear hi granma from her.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Some times people have to learn the hard way. I hope your daughter doesn't and in time realizes how irresponsible it was to drink and drive. Ask her if she can afford higher insurance rates, court costs, possible loss of drivers license, etc. Somethimes it's the $$$$ that make it sink in.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Some times people have to learn the hard way. I hope your daughter doesn't and in time realizes how irresponsible it was to drink and drive. Ask her if she can afford higher insurance rates, court costs, possible loss of drivers license, etc. Somethimes it's the $$$$ that make it sink in.
    I'll remind her of all that. I know she can't afford it.
    can't say anything to the hubby now because he is very ANTI.alcohol. If I have a drink he throws a fit. So you guys are my help right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom