• Status
    Not open for further replies.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    I miss some aspects of the trade. I met some seriously crazy meat cutters over the years. I started out working the systems in packing houses all over the state. Small process plants that do not even exist anymore.

Times change.

My son and I still do residential HVAC for folks but no more big stuff.
    Who you callin CRAZY?!:draw:
    I know what you mean.:): We had a guy that was Italian decent & always used his hands to talk. Crazy WOP cut his pinky & ring fingers off on the saw one day. After he was back to work he would throw his outspread hands in front of his chest while talikng. We would just laugh & nicknamed him "tripod" for it (3 digits on one hand). He would get angry & yell and threaten to stab us. We would laugh even harder! Ya had to be there to really appreciate it. Ah, the good ol days!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will always remember one of my first jobs in a rough processing plant. Cutter was 6' 5" or so tall.....hands like hams. He was on the dock digging through the skinned cow heads cutting off the "Cheek Meat" to fry up and make sandwich's. He would strip all the good meat from one and throw it on the ground and dig around for more.

The police came and took him out a few days later. Not sure why but I have my suspicions.........:dunno:

Yeah, the good ole days

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    I will always remember one of my first jobs in a rough processing plant. Cutter was 6' 5" or so tall.....hands like hams. He was on the dock digging through the skinned cow heads cutting off the "Cheek Meat" to fry up and make sandwich's. He would strip all the good meat from one and throw it on the ground and dig around for more.

The police came and took him out a few days later. Not sure why but I have my suspicions.........:dunno:

Yeah, the good ole days
    USDA rules violation. They take that kind of stuff very serious & will shut down a plant & make arrests without hesitation. Never been there myself, but have witnessed it.
    Speaking of big cutters. I worked with a guy that was an ex Bengals football player (quit due to sport injury). He was 7'2'' & about 320 #'s of solid muscle. Ther rest of us used 10'' carver blades & his was custom made with an 18" blade. Thing looked like a machette! :faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom