• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    :laugh: No! Man up and take the cold water. If the water is super cold (~40 degrees) I wear a 7mm farmer john, 1mm hooded vest, 5mm hood, 5mm boots, and 5mm gloves. I went from living in the tropics to diving in 38 degree water in under a week this year. If I can handle it, so can you. :twocents:

Actually I got certified in water pretty cold, I'm sure I told you. It wasn't bad in a 7mm after a couple minutes. To be totally honest I look for ways to weasel out of dives because of all the issues I've had clearing. *Hangs head in shame*

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Actually I got certified in water pretty cold, I'm sure I told you. It wasn't bad in a 7mm after a couple minutes. To be totally honest I look for ways to weasel out of dives because of all the issues I've had clearing. *Hangs head in shame*
    You CAN clear. It just takes time and practice with some people.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I'll give that a try. I think I just need to descend much, much slower

Most people descent too fast. If you go ~15 feet per minute you will be fine. Most people also wait to equalize until they feel that it's necessary. This is wrong. Some people cannot equalize very large pressure differences. You should begin equalizing the second you begin your descent and before you feel the need to do so. Equalize early, and equalize often.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Most people descent too fast. If you go ~15 feet per minute you will be fine. Most people also wait to equalize until they feel that it's necessary. This is wrong. Some people cannot equalize very large pressure differences. You should begin equalizing the second you begin your descent and before you feel the need to do so. Equalize early, and equalize often.

:yesway:

I will certainly try that next dive. I'll check my work and school schedules and try to get those dates freed up. Do you penetrate (giggity) the airplane, or is that a no-no there?

Everyone knows, man. It's not a very closely guarded secret

:naughty:

Finally managed to get rid of a stupid malware thingy ****! :thumbsup:

I tried EVERYTHING with mine, had to finally take it to IT to be reimaged.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom