• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I hate to get all nerdy in here, but have any of you seen the latest developments in the way of "curing" trisomy-21??

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Also, Robby...the image in your signature would make a really cool patch.

It's Howard the Duck. he was a comic. banned in the 70's because he was too 'rude' for children.
    It was my first 'handle' on BBS's (early form of internet forums before there was no internet)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    No idea what that is?

:+1: Sounds like something that only people who are far more intelligent than I know anything about

Down's Syndrome...trisomy-21 is the real name for it because it's caused by an extra copy of the 21st chromosome. They are using a gene on X chromosomes that is only active in females. Since females are XX, and they only need 1 X, this gene activates on ONE of the X chromosomes and "shuts off" the other X chromosome...leaving only 1 active. They are taking this gene and using it to "shut off" one copy of the 21st chromosome. It's still in vitro right now, but it looks and sounds promising.

/nerd
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's Howard the Duck. he was a comic. banned in the 70's because he was too 'rude' for children.
    It was my first 'handle' on BBS's (early form of internet forums before there was no internet)

I think he meant the sig line. Not the avatar

What she said.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Down's Syndrome...trisomy-21 is the real name for it because it's caused by an extra copy of the 21st chromosome. They are using a gene on X chromosomes that is only active in females. Since females are XX, and they only need 1 X, this gene activates on ONE of the X chromosomes and "shuts off" the other X chromosome...leaving only 1 active. They are taking this gene and using it to "shut off" one copy of the 21st chromosome. It's still in vitro right now, but it looks and sounds promising.

/nerd
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What she said.

That actually does sound really promising!!!

:): That's what she said.....

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

/nerd

What she said.

Is that like when people say I like the image in your signature, and you think they're talking about your avatar? sorry multitasking on short brainwave length. plus way above my pay grade.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I was playing with some INGO logo's. the sig image is one of them. The gadsden was another...
    and........
    Charcoal grey is the first test shirt to be done. though I have not yet seen or heard results yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom