• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Yep, we aren't supposed to recruit people. But we are happy to inform and help interested people.

Actually, and I wouldn't swear to it, but depending on your term "recruit" I think that has changed in the past 5 or so years. You obviously cannot but a billboard up soliciting members, but I'm pretty sure they changed the rules to make it ok to approach someone that you thought would be a good addition to the fraternity.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Actually, and I wouldn't swear to it, but depending on your term "recruit" I think that has changed in the past 5 or so years. You obviously cannot but a billboard up soliciting members, but I'm pretty sure they changed the rules to make it ok to approach someone that you thought would be a good addition to the fraternity.

That could be. I joined almost 30 years ago. I haven't been active (other than paying my dues to the lodge and to the Scottish Rite) for the last 20 years. Kids came and absorbed all my time. I hope to get active again since they are now grown.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    That could be. I joined almost 30 years ago. I haven't been active (other than paying my dues to the lodge and to the Scottish Rite) for the last 20 years. Kids came and absorbed all my time. I hope to get active again since they are now grown.

I'm going through our line currently. If all goes according to plan(:shady:) I will be through at the ripe old age of 28. I started young. lol

Lynhurst Lodge #723 by the way.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    the fer-AR-ri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-08-31_14-57-47_570.jpg

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    And Actually the indiana free masons are now allowed to ask people to join the rule changed around 09-10 if I remember correctly. Told you guys I am interested.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    And Actually the indiana free masons are now allowed to ask people to join the rule changed around 09-10 if I remember correctly. Told you guys I am interested.

I thought it was a little earlier than that, but none the less it has changed. PM returned.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Things must have changed.
    I was told years ago that I couldn't be a Free Mason. :dunno:

Unless you are a felon or an all out whacko I don't konw why anyone would tell you that. PM me if you're still interested. If you're not in my area, I can hook you up with some information of a lodge in your area.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm going through our line currently. If all goes according to plan(:shady:) I will be through at the ripe old age of 28. I started young. lol

Lynhurst Lodge #723 by the way.

I still have my membership in the lodge i was raised, Naphtali #389. I went half way through the chairs at Veedersburg Lodge where I held a dual membership when I lived in Attica.

Since you will get through so young, you will have to learn some of those big lectures to help out local lodges. The guy that helped me, did most of the funerals around Kokomo for many years.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I keep waiting on my cut of the power and wealth that we control as well :D

Me too! I think the funeral work is great. Kinda morbid but I actually enjoy going to them because of it. Not that I ever enjoy losing a brother.

My grandpa does A LOT of the funerals. He's close to being a 50 year member and he is a 33rd.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom