Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Me too! I think the funeral work is great. Kinda morbid but I actually enjoy going to them because of it. Not that I ever enjoy losing a brother.

My grandpa does A LOT of the funerals. He's close to being a 50 year member and he is a 33rd.

When you have someone good at it, it is an amazing recitation. My guy did it in sort of a melodic dirge.

(yes I knew what obfuscate was without looking it up by the way)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Unless you are a felon or an all out whacko I don't konw why anyone would tell you that. PM me if you're still interested. If you're not in my area, I can hook you up with some information of a lodge in your area.
    Neither of the above.
    Well...........
    Maybe a little bit wacko. :D.
    To put it politely, I was told that my religious affiliation wasn't in line with the principles of Freemasonry. :dunno:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Neither of the above.
    Well...........
    To put it politely, I was told that my religious affiliation wasn't in line with the principles of Freemasonry. :dunno:

3185837_f496.jpg

I can't see why they wouldn't let you in.:D

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Neither of the above.
    Well...........

Ha, that seems weird. The only "religious" requirement is that you have a belief in a higher power.

There are some denominations of Christianity that are against Masons however. The only one I can think of off of the top of my head are the Southern Baptists. Even they, though, don't bar it, they just won't let you be an officer in their church. The Catholic Church USED to say you couldn't be a Mason, but they have since changed that too.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Are you sure on the Southern Baptists? I grew up in a Southern Baptist church in Kokomo and half the deacons were Masons. I knew the Catholics had problems with membership. They had their K of C instead.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Unless you are a felon or an all out whacko I don't konw why anyone would tell you that. PM me if you're still interested. If you're not in my area, I can hook you up with some information of a lodge in your area.

Well this would most certainly leave WestSide out :n00b: I don't know him personally, but from his post, he's certifiable. He's even told me so too :stickpoke::stickpoke:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Well this would most certainly leave WestSide out :n00b: I don't know him personally, but from his post, he's certifiable. He's even told me so too :stickpoke::stickpoke:

I am not a total Wacko. I am certified by the GOV I actually have top secret clearance thank you very much. Most people thing I am normal.:D

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Ha, that seems weird. The only "religious" requirement is that you have a belief in a higher power.

There are some denominations of Christianity that are against Masons however. The only one I can think of off of the top of my head are the Southern Baptists. Even they, though, don't bar it, they just won't let you be an officer in their church. The Catholic Church USED to say you couldn't be a Mason, but they have since changed that too.
    Yup.
    That changed back in the 60's.

Are you sure on the Southern Baptists? I grew up in a Southern Baptist church in Kokomo and half the deacons were Masons. I knew the Catholics had problems with membership. They had their K of C instead.
    Yup!
    I decided to leave that bickering to the "hardliners" on both sides. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom