• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What happened to having emergency cash in your sock and always keeping the gaz tank at least halfway full? :dunno:

At least now he can call you to tell you he's stuck in traffic. :D

We're pretty low on cash until I get paid on Friday. Had a few unexpected expenses this week. I have a little bit I just forgot to give it to him

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That's a good deal. It cost me that much to have the tranny rebuilt on my wifes minivan 5 years ago. (97 Dodge Grand caravan)

I know its a decent price. The Midas shop on South East Street across from Southern Plaza has always taken good care of us. It still a lot of friggen money that I'd much rather spend on something else though!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I know its a decent price. The Midas shop on South East Street across from Southern Plaza has always taken good care of us. It still a lot of friggen money that I'd much rather spend on something else though!

Yeah, but like you said, it's cheaper than replacing it. I faced the same thing 5 years ago with the wife's van and I'm glad I spent the money, it's still ticking on.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, but like you said, it's cheaper than replacing it. I faced the same thing 5 years ago with the wife's van and I'm glad I spent the money, it's still ticking on.

Over the last few years I have dumped a lot of money into my little POS. Ok well not a TON but at least a few grand. She's still running just fine. And it's nice to not have a car payment. It sucks when you have to spend a ton of money on your car but sometimes it's the only option.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Its getting the transmission replaced with a good used one. Its also getting new wheel hubs and bearings, new tie rod ends, alignment, tire rotation and some minor exhaust work. Its gonna cost me about $2200 but at least I get a 6 month parts and labor warranty on everything including the used transmission. I couldn't come close to replacing that vehicle for that kind of money so fixing it seems to be the best option.
    That is an excellent deal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom