Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    :p

I ran a bolt gun at my last Appleseed. Scored my highest rifleman score yet. Is it a magazine fed bolt? If it's like my 22-250 with an internal box mag then yes that will be a disadvantage. Single shot will also be a disadvantage. Only on the timed AQTs. You can still learn a bunch, but your AQT scores will not be as good.

I was thinking of my Remington 700 in .308. It only holds 4+1. Is it OK to use a scope or would I have to use irons. I've never used the irons on that gun.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I was thinking of my Remington 700 in .308. It only holds 4+1. Is it OK to use a scope or would I have to use irons. I've never used the irons on that gun.
    I used hubby's Remington 700 in 22-250 at my last KD shoot. It works fine, except in the tightly timed parts of the AQT. I still think you would learn so much at this shoot that even if you weren't able to rifleman it would be worth it. Besides few do rifleman their first seed anyways.

scopes are just fine, Appleseed doesn't care if it's scoped or irons. Irons are great to use to learn your fundamentals with, builds a good foundation. Either is fine.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I used hubby's Remington 700 in 22-250 at my last KD shoot. It works fine, except in the tightly timed parts of the AQT. I still think you would learn so much at this shoot that even if you weren't able to rifleman it would be worth it. Besides few do rifleman their first seed anyways.

scopes are just fine, Appleseed doesn't care if it's scoped or irons. Irons are great to use to learn your fundamentals with, builds a good foundation. Either is fine.

Thanks for all the info Rayne. I may just seriously look into this. I guess if I really wanted to make a statement, I could march in there with my Mosin. I've been known to hit a target or two with that thing. :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Do you have an ammo holder you can put on the stock/butt. That will help a lot and take some of the disadvantage away.

You mean something like this?
    B000LC655Q.jpg

I don't have one but I could get one.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Thanks for all the info Rayne. I may just seriously look into this. I guess if I really wanted to make a statement, I could march in there with my Mosin. I've been known to hit a target or two with that thing. :D

Yep, you and the boy were impressive that day. With the free ammo you can't go wrong on coming to this shoot. MrsG and her hubby may be going too. Come on take the plunge and do a seed.....Sam is happy he did :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    If I went, it would be for the experience and the chance to gain some knowledge, not for the competition. If I focus on a score I'd be too worried about making a fool of myself.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    There are also conversion kits available for the remmy that allow it to accept 10 round detachable mags. I don't know how much they cost though. I wouldn't want to spend too much on it because it is still a bolt gun and the only purpose of the conversion would be the Appleseed.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Ok, so sign up already, because you have the most important thing already....a teachable attitude. The only competition is that with yourself. So sign up already :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Ok, so sign up already, because you have the most important thing already....a teachable attitude. The only competition is that with yourself. So sign up already :D

Is there a website with all the details? I'm interested but I have to plan these things.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    There are also conversion kits available for the remmy that allow it to accept 10 round detachable mags. I don't know how much they cost though. I wouldn't want to spend too much on it because it is still a bolt gun and the only purpose of the conversion would be the Appleseed.

You got a link to that conversion?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom