Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    This has NOT been a good day! The brakes on my wife's van seemed to still be making noise after I replaced the pads so I decided to just go ahead and replace everything. Calipers, rotors, mounting brackets, the whole bit. So I got it all done and I was feeling pretty good about it. I took it for a test drive and now I think there is something jacked up in the transmission. At times a wheel just seems to suddenly catch on something and lock up. Its not the brakes because I took them back off and then rotated the wheels by hand while it was jacked up. It still has something catching like a gear in the differential section of the trans-axle is messed up or something. It is a real problem for us to be without this van and its likely to cost a pretty penny to get it fixed. I was in the garage messing with it all day. I've reached the limit of what I can do with it. Plus, now my back feels like its about to explode. I can't even get the thing to the shop without taking time off work. I wish I could afford to just replace it but that's not gonna happen. I think I'll just go hide in a corner now and watch the smoke come out of my ears. :noway::xmad:

I'm so sorry to hear your having a bad time with it Supr! Hope it is something small and inexpensive!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    If it makes you feel better (which it won't), one of our cars stranded my other half on 70 for over 2 hours in the middle of the night. I had to spend money we don't really have to call out a 24 hour tow truck (this happened at 2am) and then replace the whole rear end.

Would you like a hug?

It just burns me that I spent about 250 bucks for parts to completely rebuild the brakes and now the thing may end up getting junked. A transmission rebuild might cost more than its worth.

I think a shower would do me more good than a hug right now. And some vicodin.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    :thumbsup:

Hugs are always good! Unless it's from a stranger giving out free candy

The hugs are ok! Just don't get in the van with him!! ;)

free-candy-van-e1351623171385.jpg

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm so sorry to hear your having a bad time with it Supr! Hope it is something small and inexpensive!

I did my best to find something like that without success. This is one time I actually hope that I end up being the stupid one and someone else can find the easy fix. We'll get through it. Things are just really aggravating sometimes.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    My son could tell I was having a rough time and really tried his best to help me even though he has a ton to do getting ready for his graduation tomorrow. He's a good kid!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It just burns me that I spent about 250 bucks for parts to completely rebuild the brakes and now the thing may end up getting junked. A transmission rebuild might cost more than its worth.

I think a shower would do me more good than a hug right now. And some vicodin.

I do hope you get it figured out. I was in a similar boat until the car was fixed today. I feel your pain, friend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom