Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I've delivered 3 human babies. my own :D
    15 puppies in 2 litters.. been a few years though

Yup! When my kids were born the hospital still made the Father wait out in the lobby!! They just came out and told me what we had and that I could go see them and my wife in so many minutes! The fathers job was to go out side and smoke a cigar after they told us what it was!! :dunno: :D

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yup! When my kids were born the hospital still made the Father wait out in the lobby!! They just came out and told me what we had and that I could go see them and my wife in so many minutes! The fathers job was to go out side and smoke a cigar after they told us what it was!! :dunno: :D

My other half did the cigar bit too. but of course he was allowed in the delivery. Oddly enough, my mother also FORCED her way in there. :laugh:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    This has NOT been a good day! The brakes on my wife's van seemed to still be making noise after I replaced the pads so I decided to just go ahead and replace everything. Calipers, rotors, mounting brackets, the whole bit. So I got it all done and I was feeling pretty good about it. I took it for a test drive and now I think there is something jacked up in the transmission. At times a wheel just seems to suddenly catch on something and lock up. Its not the brakes because I took them back off and then rotated the wheels by hand while it was jacked up. It still has something catching like a gear in the differential section of the trans-axle is messed up or something. It is a real problem for us to be without this van and its likely to cost a pretty penny to get it fixed. I was in the garage messing with it all day. I've reached the limit of what I can do with it. Plus, now my back feels like its about to explode. I can't even get the thing to the shop without taking time off work. I wish I could afford to just replace it but that's not gonna happen. I think I'll just go hide in a corner now and watch the smoke come out of my ears. :noway::xmad:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    This has NOT been a good day! The brakes on my wife's van seemed to still be making noise after I replaced the pads so I decided to just go ahead and replace everything. Calipers, rotors, mounting brackets, the whole bit. So I got it all done and I was feeling pretty good about it. I took it for a test drive and now I think there is something jacked up in the transmission. At times a wheel just seems to suddenly catch on something and lock up. Its not the brakes because I took them back off and then rotated the wheels by hand while it was jacked up. It still has something catching like a gear in the differential section of the trans-axle is messed up or something. It is a real problem for us to be without this van and its likely to cost a pretty penny to get it fixed. I was in the garage messing with it all day. I've reached the limit of what I can do with it. Plus, now my back feels like its about to explode. I can't even get the thing to the shop without taking time off work. I wish I could afford to just replace it but that not gonna happen. I think I'll just go hide in a corner now and watch the smoke come out of my ears. :noway::xmad:
    that sucks and I am sorry

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This has NOT been a good day! The brakes on my wife's van seemed to still be making noise after I replaced the pads so I decided to just go ahead and replace everything. Calipers, rotors, mounting brackets, the whole bit. So I got it all done and I was feeling pretty good about it. I took it for a test drive and now I think there is something jacked up in the transmission. At times a wheel just seems to suddenly catch on something and lock up. Its not the brakes because I took them back off and then rotated the wheels by hand while it was jacked up. It still has something catching like a gear in the differential section of the trans-axle is messed up or something. It is a real problem for us to be without this van and its likely to cost a pretty penny to get it fixed. I was in the garage messing with it all day. I've reached the limit of what I can do with it. Plus, now my back feels like its about to explode. I can't even get the thing to the shop without taking time off work. I wish I could afford to just replace it but that not gonna happen. I think I'll just go hide in a corner now and watch the smoke come out of my ears. :noway::xmad:

If it makes you feel better (which it won't), one of our cars stranded my other half on 70 for over 2 hours in the middle of the night. I had to spend money we don't really have to call out a 24 hour tow truck (this happened at 2am) and then replace the whole rear end.

Would you like a hug?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    If it makes you feel better (which it won't), one of our cars stranded my other half on 70 for over 2 hours in the middle of the night. I had to spend money we don't really have to call out a 24 hour tow truck (this happened at 2am) and then replace the whole rear end.

Would you like a hug?

I would

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom