Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    :laugh:

Differences in tolerance to medications are fascinating to me, no matter how many lectures I listen to about it.
    the first time I was given them was about 10 years ago when the boy was born, he was c/s so I needed pain killers... I was like you then. I took one then switched to tylenol... made me sleep and feel crappy. Then the daily pain began a few years ago and I take enough they don't bother me now

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    the first time I was given them was about 10 years ago when the boy was born, he was c/s so I needed pain killers... I was like you then. I took one then switched to tylenol... made me sleep and feel crappy. Then the daily pain began a few years ago and I take enough they don't bother me now

Well that's much less interesting. You're boring and normal again! :D

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Hehehehe. Solid food took me awhile, but I didn't take but 1 Vicodin. Made me too loopy.

Wow, now I'm really jealous. Life long dream of mine is to open a gun shop.

My mouth just didn't hurt. She took out 1 on each side. But I sure milked it for work "no..I don't feel good, I'm not coming in today" :D
    I wish it was FT but I'll get a spot when one opens up. AND I can get my bonus at the old job end of April :rockwoot:

I never had wisdom teeth. I am not wise apparently

My wisdom teeth didn't come in until I was like 30 :rolleyes: which helps explain my first marriage :rofl:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Oxy is actually considered quite a bit more potent than morphine as far as taking care of pain. I'm not aware of many segments of the population that are immune to the effects of Valium though. Incredible stuff!

Yeah I'd never taken it before. Hopefully never will again. I don't like taking any meds if I can help it. Sometimes, however, it can't be helped. After my oral crap last month I went through a bottle of Vicodin like it was candy

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Has she tried anything else? Just curious!
    vicodin and tylenol w/ codeine. both made her face, throat, tongue etc swell up.

she finds something she can take and she won't try anything else. she only had a bactrim allergy growing up and as she got closer to adulthood the more she became allergic to. between the food and the drugs. I feel sorry for her

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    My mouth just didn't hurt. She took out 1 on each side. But I sure milked it for work "no..I don't feel good, I'm not coming in today" :D
    I wish it was FT but I'll get a spot when one opens up. AND I can get my bonus at the old job end of April :rockwoot:

My wisdom teeth didn't come in until I was like 30 :rolleyes: which helps explain my first marriage :rofl:

Hey, ya gotta use that excuse for all it's worth. :): I actually got more effective pain relief without knocking me out from an herbal gel that the dental surgeon gave me. Just put it on the incisions and it did a nice job of numbing. I had four of those bad boys!

Yeah I'd never taken it before. Hopefully never will again. I don't like taking any meds if I can help it. Sometimes, however, it can't be helped. After my oral crap last month I went through a bottle of Vicodin like it was candy

Hey, if modern medicine can help, why not let it, right?

yes he did... but I wasn't calm when he did the procedure and I felt the entire 90 seconds of it... it took effect on the drive home... so glad I wasn't driving

Yucky. I'd have been outta that chair if I could feel it! :D

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Holy moly. So my amazingly wonderful other half got me a IWB holster for our anniversary and I just now realized I never took it off when I got home today. Man this thing is comfy!!! :rockwoot:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    vicodin and tylenol w/ codeine. both made her face, throat, tongue etc swell up.

she finds something she can take and she won't try anything else. she only had a bactrim allergy growing up and as she got closer to adulthood the more she became allergic to. between the food and the drugs. I feel sorry for her

Ever any trazadone or tramadol? I don't know much about them so I'm not suggesting anything, just curious. It's the student in me :D

I always consider myself fortunate to not have to deal with allergies. I can't imagine...

:dunno:

sorry to disappoint :laugh:

:lmfao:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Ever any trazadone or tramadol? I don't know much about them so I'm not suggesting anything, just curious. It's the student in me :D

I always consider myself fortunate to not have to deal with allergies. I can't imagine...

:lmfao:

I'm not sure

She's currently taking blood pressure pills, I don't know the name, and she was on an anti anxiety drug to help with the blood pressure too. or maybe one or the other now... so glad she's an adult now, I don't worry about her anymore... yeah right

High salt and lots of water diet... low blood pressure sucks too

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm not sure

She's currently taking blood pressure pills, I don't know the name, and she was on an anti anxiety drug to help with the blood pressure too. or maybe one or the other now... so glad she's an adult now, I don't worry about her anymore... yeah right

High salt and lots of water diet... low blood pressure sucks too

Blood pressure problems, high or low, are scary, scary things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom