• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I'm not looking forward to handling my mom's estate whenever that happens. She and her husband don't really own anything and I'm the sole heir since she's choosing to leave my brother out (which he's OK with)...that'll be fun. Anyone wanna call dibs on a double wide in OK that's had 30 cats living in it?

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I've told my Daddy, I don't care about his money, write me out of the will I don't care. I will still take care of him and love him just the same. We're always fussing about money, he's always wanting to give me some, or pay for things and I'm always telling him no, cause he doesn't have to pay me for the things I do for him. It's what I'm suppose to do, it's the way he raised me and the way GOD wants me to honor him.

Ok I'll get off my little soap box now. :)

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I've told my Daddy, I don't care about his money, write me out of the will I don't care. I will still take care of him and love him just the same. We're always fussing about money, he's always wanting to give me some, or pay for things and I'm always telling him no, cause he doesn't have to pay me for the things I do for him. It's what I'm suppose to do, it's the way he raised me and the way GOD wants me to honor him.

I'm good with the soapbox personally. I took care of my ex's grandfather for quite a few years. Took off from work to take him to the doctor, did all his grocery shopping every week, took him out to eat (easier said then done with a legally blind man who weighs 250+ and has to use a motorized scooter or a heavy duty wheelchair WHILE keeping track of a young child), cut his hair, did his laundry, all of it. When our marriage went south, I'm sad to say I didn't stay in touch with Grandpa. Then I found out he had a brain tumor and he died. I bawled my eyes out like you wouldn't believe. And I was floored when his daughter (my ex MIL) gave me a pretty decent chunk of his life insurance money. She knew what he meant to me and what I meant to him. Money means nothing if you're in it for the wrong reasons.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

My mother is the same way, however, we do let her spend her money as she see's fit, all of us sibs are treated the same. :yesway:

That way, they are still in control of their own dealings.:cool:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

That is what my wife did! She did the right thing by taking care of her Dad! She did not care about the rest of it! :D

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    You all are talking about stuff I don't even want to think about now. My parents made my sis power of attorney and I told her she can do what she wants and that I had her back. One worthless sibling will be a problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom