Kaboom
    fireyexplosion.gif

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    As a matter of fact I just got a call from the shop about the car. Their diagnosis is the same as mine. The cooling system is clogged up causing it to over-pressurize and leak. They couldn't find any evidence of bad head gaskets or intake gaskets. They're gonna try to flush it out and replace the t-stat.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It didn't. I posted a rant about it a few pages back. Long story short...it turned into a big mess, I gave up and the car is in the shop.

:laugh: That's what SHOULD have happened to me when I replaced my alternator over the summer. I was so used to working on my old 3rd gen F-bodies that I completely forgot what a pain a 1.8L is. Take the wheel and a motor mount off just to GET to the part? Eff that!!!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    :laugh: That's what SHOULD have happened to me when I replaced my alternator over the summer. I was so used to working on my old 3rd gen F-bodies that I completely forgot what a pain a 1.8L is. Take the wheel and a motor mount off just to GET to the part? Eff that!!!

The sad part is I was only a few screws and fittings away from having that heater core out before I could tell there was nothing wrong with it. :xmad:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The sad part is I was only a few screws and fittings away from having that heater core out before I could tell there was nothing wrong with it. :xmad:

Oh I hate when that happens. You get almost there and then realize you did all of it for nothing. Anymore I just take my car to the shop when something is wrong. Unless of course it's something dumb like maintenance. Then I just do it myself. No sense in paying for labor that I can do on my own

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Oh I hate when that happens. You get almost there and then realize you did all of it for nothing. Anymore I just take my car to the shop when something is wrong. Unless of course it's something dumb like maintenance. Then I just do it myself. No sense in paying for labor that I can do on my own

Its still possible that the heater core is clogged up too bad to flush. If that's the case, I saved a bunch on labor because I didn't put the dash back together before I took it in. They could have that core out in a matter of minutes. The radiator could be all clogged up too. We'll just have to see what happens after they flush it out.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its still possible that the heater core is clogged up too bad to flush. If that's the case, I saved a bunch on labor because I didn't put the dash back together before I took it in. They could have that core out in a matter of minutes. The radiator could be all clogged up too. We'll just have to see what happens after they flush it out.

Sounds like too much of a pain for me to mess with. But yeah you probably saved a ton on labor by doing half the job for them. I love the shop I go to. They don't charge me squat for labor if they can help it. Then again we have so many problems with our cars that we certainly help keep them in business :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Sounds like too much of a pain for me to mess with. But yeah you probably saved a ton on labor by doing half the job for them. I love the shop I go to. They don't charge me squat for labor if they can help it. Then again we have so many problems with our cars that we certainly help keep them in business :D

We've used this shop before too. My daughter took this same car there before to get the AC repaired and charged. At the time the car was running a little rough too. They found a problem with a plug wire and fixed it for free.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We've used this shop before too. My daughter took this same car there before to get the AC repaired and charged. At the time the car was running a little rough too. They found a problem with a plug wire and fixed it for free.

Sounds like the shop we use. The other half snapped the driveshaft on his truck nearly in two (don't ask). They quoted us a price to get a re-man put on. Somehow something went wrong with some of their equipment and they had to send the truck off elsewhere for a few days. Ended up with a brand new driveshaft at the same price we were quoted.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Sounds like the shop we use. The other half snapped the driveshaft on his truck nearly in two (don't ask). They quoted us a price to get a re-man put on. Somehow something went wrong with some of their equipment and they had to send the truck off elsewhere for a few days. Ended up with a brand new driveshaft at the same price we were quoted.

Since we're giving out kudos I guess its OK to say the name. Our shop is the Midas repair shop on East St. across from Southern Plaza. All south-siders should know where I'm talking about. :yesway:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Since we're giving out kudos I guess its OK to say the name. Our shop is the Midas repair shop on East St. across from Southern Plaza. All south-siders should know where I'm talking about. :yesway:

Yep...not too far from me. We go to Freeman on Troy Ave. We live about 2 streets over from them and went there once with a tire emergency. They were awesome. Since then we just always go there. They're great.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I quit working on my vehicles when my brother got his lift. He's got all the knowledge and the tools. Charged me $25 to change my oil, ( he bought the oil and the filter ), change 3 brake bulbs, (up top). :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom