• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    The more I study this problem, the more it looks like its a problem with the intake gasket or head gasket. That is a pretty common problem with these 3.1 GM engines. That's not a job I can handle myself and I'm not convinced the car is worth what it may cost to have a shop do it. I really hate having to tell my daughter that I can't make everything OK for her. I guess she has to learn sometime that Dad just can't do it all. I've had a hard time learning that myself.
    I know I am grasping at straws here but you never know. Does that car have a waterpump bypass elbow? Actuallythere is one elbow and one straight piece made out of plastic. They are prone to leaking...

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I know I am grasping at straws here but you never know. Does that car have a waterpump bypass elbow? Actuallythere is one elbow and one straight piece made out of plastic. They are prone to leaking...

The water pump on this car is one of the few things I can see clearly. It has a metal body with no plastic parts. Everything in that area was completely dry. It's building up too much pressure in the cooling system because its pushing coolant out past the pressure cap (new cap). Its either clogged up somewhere or it has a bad intake or head gasket.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I arrived at the Capital building promptly at 9am... and waited, and waited.
    No not really. I was one of the first to arrive.
    At 10am we started walking to the east side of the building to the main entrance, just as we arrived, the anti group arrived chanting about "change" and "stopping the violence". I agree with stopping the violence, just not they way they want to.
    We were a small group, outnumbered by them, they also had a few weeks planning against our few days planning. We stood on the sidewalk, they walked up to the doors and stood next to the building. Held their little rally and left. No conflicts, no words were exchanged except a few good mornings from us to them.
    We stood our ground on the sidewalk until the left, about 20 minutes, then walked around the city. Many honks of support, many lookers not sure what to think of us.

I can gladly report that no gun jumped out of it's holster or off it's sling and shot anyone. They were all well behaved. I have very few pictures but there was an INGOer there with camera and took MANY. I am sure they will be posted soon.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    The water pump on this car is one of the few things I can see clearly. It has a metal body with no plastic parts. Everything in that area was completely dry. It's building up too much pressure in the cooling system because its pushing coolant out past the pressure cap (new cap). Its either clogged up somewhere or it has a bad intake or head gasket.

That blows, no pun intended. If it has the elbow it will be underbeath the water pump and go from the belt tensioner to the the intake

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    WISH tv was there along with WTHR who did interview us. I felt the reporter was trying to instigate an issue as she asked everyone she spoke with "Are you going to be down here counter protesting every time someone is here for gun control" or something along those lines.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    WISH tv was there along with WTHR who did interview us. I felt the reporter was trying to instigate an issue as she asked everyone she spoke with "Are you going to be down here counter protesting every time someone is here for gun control" or something along those lines.

Not that I don't care, but I've reached a point where I wonder if protests do any good for either side. It was a well known fact that the vast majority of Americans were against Obamacare and congress still broke every rule in the book to push it through. But I digress into political stuff. Lets get back to frivolity!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Are you going to be famous and be on TV? :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom