Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    DSCF7669%20%28Medium%29.JPG

large_supercarry_pro.jpg

They are both so sexy in different ways!

I like the top one better. The bottom one looks like it has legos all over it.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Got the bobtail bug?

Well, I sold my blue Series 70 Government, just sold my LW Operator, have a nickle Series 70 Government, a TRP, a Custom II, and that Para SSP.

(Notice I've never had anything smaller than a full size Government Model)

I need something for everyday carry. I don't want something Officer or Ultra sized b/c of the reliability issues. The inch shorter barrel will help with the Commander / Champion / Pro models but, the real issue with CC is usually the grip printing. I hope that by getting something in that size with a bobtail will make it a little easier to conceal for off duty or a winter time back up gun...

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Well, I sold my blue Series 70 Government, just sold my LW Operator, have a nickle Series 70 Government, a TRP, a Custom II, and that Para SSP.

(Notice I've never had anything smaller than a full size Government Model)

I need something for everyday carry. I don't want something Officer or Ultra sized b/c of the reliability issues. The inch shorter barrel will help with the Commander / Champion / Pro models but, the real issue with CC is usually the grip printing. I hope that by getting something in that size with a bobtail will make it a little easier to conceal for off duty or a winter time back up gun...

Hmm...

I'd go with the Springfield. Given your past with carrying them, sounds like a good choice.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    And for the low low price of only a 600% profit or so to the company, they can be yours! I'll stick with hi-point.

If I go with the Springfield, which I'm leaning towards, I could prolly find one for no more than $800. I would prolly be looking at another $300 to have the front strap checkered and the bobtail done. $1100 isn't a bad price at all. I should be able to get close to that back out of it and if I hold onto it, it will last a lifetime.

Yeah, now that I think about it the $200 price difference is going to put Springfield down for the win!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I usually buy two ambi's for my guns. I buy an ed brown wide one and then whatever else is on sale.

I usually take the right side of the Ed Brown and the left side of the cheaper one. Then I just grind the left side down.

Works out nice. I can always sell the wide left side to a buddy with the narrow right side if they want an ambi.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I've missed my 1911 pal.

Just been busy with work. Sick kids. Sick family (that can't help watch the kids), and started taking all of the aforementioned threads a little too seriously for the last little bit.

Kids are better, family is better, still working a lot but, that means I'm making a little extra money for these projects!

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I usually buy two ambi's for my guns. I buy an ed brown wide one and then whatever else is on sale.

I usually take the right side of the Ed Brown and the left side of the cheaper one. Then I just grind the left side down.

Works out nice. I can always sell the wide left side to a buddy with the narrow right side if they want an ambi.

Whatever works, I just don't care for ambis on most guns. I can snap a safety off fine with my trigger finger if I'm shooting lefty.

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Just been busy with work. Sick kids. Sick family (that can't help watch the kids), and started taking all of the aforementioned threads a little too seriously for the last little bit.

Kids are better, family is better, still working a lot but, that means I'm making a little extra money for these projects!

I know what it's like. I'm working 6 days a week all this month.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Whatever works, I just don't care for ambis on most guns. I can snap a safety off fine with my trigger finger if I'm shooting lefty.

I've never tried that..... I use the trigger finger for the mag release and the slide stop (locking it back) but have never tried using it for the safety.... I've used my left thumb but, didn't like it b/c I really didn't have a secure grip on the gun that way....

hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom