• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    And although Mrs. G's news was worse I have some bad news of my own as well. We have to put both of our dogs to sleep :( :( I guess real early yesterday morning they snuck up to a neighbor to our north and got in their goat pen hurting some of the goats. Plus the neighbors left their garage door open a bit for their dog I guess. And they got in there, somehow getting in the rabbit's cage and killing it. My dogs have been good about keeping pests away from the farm. But I never imagined they would do something like this. We got them home and tied them both up till we heard what the neighbor wanted us to do. They told my parents last night they wanted the dogs put down since they don't own a gun to be able to defend their animals and didn't want to have to worry about it happening again.

I just wish I knew why the dogs did it. I never even knew they got that far away before. Either way I'm pretty torn up right now. Here I just nursed Brownie back to health after getting coon psoralysis, which took almost 2 months. And now I'm gonna lose her. I wish I would of bought and put up a big underground wireless fence like I wanted. This probably wouldn't of happened.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Yuck, sorry to hear that, HFB :(

Thanks, I'm trying to work with my parents and see if we can put up a pen or something for brownie so I don't have to give her up. But I don't think I'm gonna be as lucky with Lucy, mom's dog. She may be pregnant with puppies by the dog that got them running around in the first place. And mom doesn't want any pups with that dog as the father, or to worry about giving them away. I'm gonna see what I can do to change their mind though.

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    Thanks, I'm trying to work with my parents and see if we can put up a pen or something for brownie so I don't have to give her up. But I don't think I'm gonna be as lucky with Lucy, mom's dog. She may be pregnant with puppies by the dog that got them running around in the first place. And mom doesn't want any pups with that dog as the father, or to worry about giving them away. I'm gonna see what I can do to change their mind though.

Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom