• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I don’t know if it would be sturdy enough as a gun belt, but I could be wrong. I have to use a THICK leather belt to feel comfortable with a gun on my belt, but that’s just me.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I also have proof that Supr was trying to kill me...

web.jpg

Well, you're kinda lanky and you move kinda funny so I thought you were a zombie for a minute.
    th_zombie-302.gif
    You gotta shoot'em in the head y'know. :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hey Supr, can the buggy go on the highway?

Its completely street legal. I don't like taking it on the highway much because its geared low and has to wind up pretty tight at highway speeds. I live in Wanamaker and I drove it to Cloverdale yesterday. I took the scenic route though. :yesway:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I think a paracord belt would be pretty cool. Plus its a good way to have over 100' of cord all in one piece! The one I looked at uses the "Slattery rescue knot". It can be as wide or narrow as you like and with one pull in the right place the entire thing comes unwoven without spending tons of time untangling it. It looks like it would even be sturdy enough to use as a gun belt.

d6a96795-c1fa-4b00-86d9-bb8710338104

the weaves not tight enough to be sturdy.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Its completely street legal. I don't like taking it on the highway much because its geared low and has to wind up pretty tight at highway speeds. I live in Wanamaker and I drove it to Cloverdale yesterday. I took the scenic route though. :yesway:

I don't think there's really anywhere to take one off road in NWI, that's why I was wondering. It would be pretty sweet at Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan, but that's a 3 hour drive from here.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I don't think there's really anywhere to take one off road in NWI, that's why I was wondering. It would be pretty sweet at Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan, but that's a 3 hour drive from here.

If you stayed off interstates, it would be a lot longer than that! They have different transaxles available that are geared better for the highway but they are expensive and not as good off road. My son and I like to camp and wheel at Haspin acres which is about an hour and a half South East of me. We drive it there, thrash the hell out of it, then drive it home. I doubt I would even own it if I couldn't drive it on the street though.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    If you stayed off interstates, it would be a lot longer than that! They have different transaxles available that are geared better for the highway but they are expensive and not as good off road. My son and I like to camp and wheel at Haspin acres which is about an hour and a half South East of me. We drive it there, thrash the hell out of it, then drive it home. I doubt I would even own it if I couldn't drive it on the street though.

Is that where the other video on your Photobucket are from? It would be a pretty sweet toy just for the street, too. Especially when you consider who cheap you can get some of them for.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    You'd be amazed what that thing will climb too. Even with street tires on it, it does pretty well. Its hard to tell how steep the hill is in video in my sig. Here's a pic standing at the bottom of it.

PICT2217.jpg

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Is that where the other video on your Photobucket are from? It would be a pretty sweet toy just for the street, too. Especially when you consider who cheap you can get some of them for.

Yea. All the vids you see in the dirt are from Haspin. There's lots of different terrain there. As far as cost, you're right that you can get one on the road for cheap if you want. Like so many other things though, you can also spend as much as you want. I've got way more money in mine than I ever planned to, but I don't regret it. Its a blast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom