• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    That's a really cool idea Cru :yesway: Back home I had the idea to save brass and make a no trespassing sign from them

My art studio is a mess. I’ll have to get in there and sort out how many I have now. I know one FNS I got handed a TON but some were not really good. :dunno:

It’ll probably be a year or two before I start it.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Note to self: Buy a target stand from Bobcat Steel.:facepalm:

0e1cf413.jpg

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Hmmmm, have you ever used an MTAC? Any comparison?

What’s MTAC?

I have used Raven, Mills Tactical, Custom Kydex (Grunt Soldier), and Uncle Mike, or Bob, or whoever the uncle xxxx holster guy is. OH, and the crappy ones that come with XD’s. I’ve also used a bladetech.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My art studio is a mess. I’ll have to get in there and sort out how many I have now. I know one FNS I got handed a TON but some were not really good. :dunno:

It’ll probably be a year or two before I start it.

Least you have the studio and the idea. That's the hardest part usually :yesway:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I TOLD you that wood would get chewed up. You didn’t want to believe me, but it’s not like I don’t know what I’m talking about. I shoot steel. A LOT.

Yeah, I found out after I started building it so I didn't really have a choice. Oh well, lesson learned.

And where did I ever say I didn't believe you?:dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Congrats Benny, that makes one of us that has a G19.:):

Thanks...I'm pretty stoked. Too bad this BS rain won't go away long enough for me to shoot it.:noway:

Yeah Benny, I know we’ve discussed it, but it can’t be said enough times how comfortable a Mills Tac Hybrid is. I can wear mine all the time. Too bad I have to CC with it because I love it.

But I like to OC as much as possible.

Yes, I'm amazed at how comfortable it is.

I prefer to CC, so this thing is pretty much perfect.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

Never tried one so I have no opinion. I will say for $35 less you can have one that I KNOW is comfortable, and made in Indiana. You can ask Benny too, he has one.

As for the 2x4s, they’ll last for several range trips, just watch your hands when moving the thing. It’s not like it’s expensive to replace them. $4 here and there.

But I don’t want to cost Kimball a sale, so....

“yeah, buy his target stands because chewed up wood sucks!"

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Never tried one so I have no opinion. I will say for $35 less you can have one that I KNOW is comfortable, and made in Indiana. You can ask Benny too, he has one.

As for the 2x4s, they’ll last for several range trips, just watch your hands when moving the thing. It’s not like it’s expensive to replace them. $4 here and there.

But I don’t want to cost Kimball a sale, so....

“yeah, buy his target stands because chewed up wood sucks!"

I'll be converting this stand to hold paper or cardboard targets and just leave it at the range.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

I haven't tried one either, but I can pretty much guarantee you that you would love the Mills Tactical.

The minotaur might be a little "prettier" looking, but just by looking at it, it doesn't look like it would be as comfortable because the leather doesn't go up as far, so you'd have the back of the slide rubbing your skin/undershirt. You don't have that problem with the MT.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I haven't tried one either, but I can pretty much guarantee you that you would love the Mills Tactical.

The minotaur might be a little "prettier" looking, but just by looking at it, it doesn't look like it would be as comfortable because the leather doesn't go up as far, so you'd have the back of the slide rubbing your skin/undershirt. You don't have that problem with the MT.

That was my thought. I just don’t know so I hate to say for sure. :dunno: But if you’re worried about pretty when you buy a holster, you’re buying for the wrong reason... (unless it’s a WTFBBQ gun)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom