Not open for further replies.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Just lay down the law on them

She's pretty much forcing me to. I told her months ago, when I transferred out of that store, that I did NOT want to hear the drama, there was nothing I could do about it and her telling me puts ME in a bad spot. And she just keeps creating drama..ugh. Doesn't help that she's not the brightest and takes everything as a personal attack.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    She's pretty much forcing me to. I told her months ago, when I transferred out of that store, that I did NOT want to hear the drama, there was nothing I could do about it and her telling me puts ME in a bad spot. And she just keeps creating drama..ugh. Doesn't help that she's not the brightest and takes everything as a personal attack.

Hmmm....I think I may have dated her once.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    doubt it? What are you trying to say:D J/k

The best thing for drama magnets is to avoid them any way you can.

yep, that's pretty much where I'm at now. I know she's losing other friends over this and she's gonna end up getting fired if she doesn't watch it. She was a manager and was pretty much forced to step down over this stupid stuff

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    You're only a magnet if you choose to be.
    Right now, my magnet is my bed. I gotta get up way too early so I'm outta here.

Lj, this is for the next time you talk to your "friend". :D

stfuxf1.gif

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That's very true. I try to be a good friend. I try to be a good listener. But when I'm always receiving more drama then my life creates, there's something wrong there.

I am a good friend and a good listener(to my friends), but I have a line I've drawn and I won't let friends cross it.

I will tell my friends when I've had enough of their blabbering. I've lost some friends over it(probably for the best) and others have understood.

I guess I should also add that it almost always has something to do with a relationship they are in...I'll always listen at first, but if they want to keep *****ing to me about something, but fail to listen to my advice, they are no longer allowed to talk to me about it.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I am a good friend and a good listener(to my friends), but I have a line I've drawn and I won't let friends cross it.

I will tell my friends when I've had enough of their blabbering. I've lost some friends over it(probably for the best) and others have understood.

I guess I should also add that it almost always has something to do with a relationship they are in...I'll always listen at first, but if they want to keep *****ing to me about something, but fail to listen to my advice, they are no longer allowed to talk to me about it.

And I'm drawing that line. If someone just needs to vent, ok, vent. But when she's telling me stuff I'm not supposed to know, that her bosses don't know, that puts me in a bad spot professionally and I don't need that. IMO, a real friend wouldn't put me in that spot. Repeatedly. She's never complained about her marriage, just work always. I think people around me have been hesitant to complain about their relationships :dunno: :D

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    And I'm drawing that line. If someone just needs to vent, ok, vent. But when she's telling me stuff I'm not supposed to know, that her bosses don't know, that puts me in a bad spot professionally and I don't need that. IMO, a real friend wouldn't put me in that spot. Repeatedly. She's never complained about her marriage, just work always. I think people around me have been hesitant to complain about their relationships :dunno: :D

There is your answer right there

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom